Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Activist

What size media bag and when you say shrimp, you mean a dead one from the pet store or live one.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cycling a Reef Tank - YouTube
► 2:55► 2:55
Cycling a Reef Tank - YouTube
Apr 23, 2012 - Uploaded by VividAquariums
Dave Burr discusses cycling a saltwater aquarium. Tip 1: You can start your cycle with scraps ...

Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brauny View Post
What size media bag and when you say shrimp, you mean a dead one from the pet store or live one.
No lol. You crack me up sometimes. It's all good though. Shrimp cocktail like you would eat. Put it in a small media bag and hang it in the tank.

IMO I wouldn't cycle your tank with fish. I've done fish in cycle with my freshwater but I feelers things can go wrong fast in a 29 gallon bio cube. Of course this my OWN opinion and not knocking anyone's way of doing a cycle.

Me personally.... Keep the fish for when its all cycled. No reason to but the fish through that. From here on in, I'd probably do fish less cycles on my freshwater tanks. It's ALOT of work doing a fish in. Why add more stress? Now your concentrating on your cycle and trying to keep fish alive. Not worth it IMHO. But... People have there ways. I'm not here to judge, I'm here to offer advice based on MY experiences.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ha ha, I didn't want to assume, I thought that was what you meant, but wanted to be sure. Yes I am not doing fish while I cycle, less stress is good. Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Activist

I tried postinga YouTube video and I want to apologize in advance if its not allowed
Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer4eva View Post
I tried postinga YouTube video and I want to apologize in advance if its not allowed
You can post YouTube videos

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice Activist

It's waiting on approval from the narrator...the video is basicly how to cycle your tank with a shrimp like convict2161 has stated.it explains thoroughly the whole cycling process and when it is safe for fish to be added
Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer4eva View Post
It's waiting on approval from the narrator...the video is basicly how to cycle your tank with a shrimp like convict2161 has stated.it explains thoroughly the whole cycling process and when it is safe for fish to be added
Cool! I'd like to see it also.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Activist

Email it to us if you don't mind
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Activist

Problems, I think major problems. I am freaking out here Put a cocktail shrimp in a media bag and put in the tank to decay or whatever you wanna call it. I smelled something in the basement and figured the mouse we caught, well it wasn't it was the tank itself. Still trying to cycle the tank or in current stages of cycling, but now went from a clear tank to a cloudy smelly stagnent tank. What is the deal? Also morning tests show high salinity and later in day it is on the low end. What would cause this? Any ideas.

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, cube, gallon, reef, reef tank, sw reef, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com