Brauney: New Biocube 29 Gallon SW Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok great, any snails or shrimp needed at first or just start slow.

Right now is the time when you go slow.i started adding the clean up crew 2 weeks after my first fish if you add too much too fast the bio load will bring you back to square one.i don't see anything wrong with adding coral(as they aren't producing any waste)before you add anything just make sure all your water perimeters are good and weekly water changes are the key to the reefs success.....hey how bout some pics?

Nothing has changed, I believe a pic is on this thread early on. Scape is still the same. Ok, I understand on the water parameters, weekly water changes good too, so about 5 gallons right.

Nothing has changed, I believe a pic is on this thread early on. Scape is still the same. Ok, I understand on the water parameters, weekly water changes good too, so about 5 gallons right.

5 gallons is perfect,which lighting are you using

I was instructed not to use lighting while cycling, but I have Lunar LED and FLurorescents which came with the tank, I added one more Lunar LED and a White LED. I just don't know when to use them, need to get timers.

If the tank is cycled already you can use the lights..if you buy any coral there going to need the lights

Epic day, bought my first fish, a Blue or Purple Damsel with Gold Tail. I have some questions. Tried my refractometer and reading was 5, is that accurate? I have some other questions below if you would be so kind to help.

1) When do I start my Purigen and what do I do with it?
2) When do I start my ChemiPure and what do I do with it?
3) Temperature that is best for salt water.
4) Salinity that is best for Salt Water
5) I only have live sand, live rock and this fish now.
6) I put rubble in middle chamber like you had recommended.
7) Power head is in and working great.
8) When is best to start adding some coral or mushrooms, etc.
9) Last thing is lighting. I will rundown my canopy top and the buttons.
a. Button 1 is LED LUNARS (2)
b. Button 2 is LED WHITES and LUNARS (2)
c. Button 3 is Blue Fluorescent House Light with Fans
d. Button 4 is White Fluorescent House Light No Fans
e. Question is how and when do I run these and in what combinations?
10) Stand has not arrived yet, best time to put on stand would be when I do a water change I would reckon huh?

Thanks Truck

Honestly I never use chemipure or purigen so I can't answer that for you
Temperature I keep mine is 75-77
Salinity I keep mine at 1.022
When I started my tank up I started putting coral 5 days after my first fish(had no patience)
As far as coral I would start with mushrooms there probably the hardiest of all coral
My lights I run the lunar all night until i have my blues come on around 8am around 11 my whites come on with the blues around 1 my blues go off then back on around 3 my whites go off around 6 blues stay on till 7 then my lunar comes on.im not sure how many light fixtures you have,I personally would buy an LED fixtures(just my opinion) something that's dimmable.yyou might have a hard time with the heat being throw off from the lights you have.

As far as when you get the stand make sure you keep the water you have in the tank when you empty it .

Well here are my levels. 8.2 PH, 0 to .25 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, and 40 to 80 Nitrates. Bought two blue and yellow tail damsels, they hide most of the time in the rocks, one this AM looks bad with white coating on him, other looks good. Do I need a water change already due to Nitrate level?

As for lights there are 4 buttons on the canopy to the Biocube so maybe someone can guide me.

Tank came with 1 LED (Lunar I believe) and BLUE Fluorescent and WHITE Flurorescent.

There are slots for 4 additional LED"s, I bought a white and a lunar and they are installed.

Button 1 turns on LUNAR LED
Button 2 turns on WHITE LED, but only if other LEDS are on as well.
Button 3 turns on Blue Fluroescent with Fan
Button 4 turns on White flurorescent without fan.

Any ideas????

35540_4720571852034_1694560501_n.jpg

What is the difference between blues and lunars, are these the same as they are blue?

Ok well I have (2) LED LUNAR, (1) LED COOL WHITE, (1) BLUE FLUORESCENT WITH FANS and (1) DAYLIGHT FLUORESCENT. When should each be used?

Ok well I have (2) LED LUNAR, (1) LED COOL WHITE, (1) BLUE FLUORESCENT WITH FANS and (1) DAYLIGHT FLUORESCENT. When should each be used?

Lunars at night when all light are off. The rest have them all on at the same time. You can have the "blues" come on first followed by the daylights and "cool whites" then have those go off first leaving the "blues" on. After that have your lunars come on :)

Make sense?

Ok, trying to decipher my buddy Convicts reply, bare with me.

Lunar LEDS on from 11pm to 5am.
Blues WHEN?
Cool Whites WHEN?
The Cool White LED only goes on if the other LUNAR LEDS are on, so that is my confusion.

Blues ONLY from 5am to 10am
Cool Whites ONLY from 10am to 11pm

I recomend salinity should be 1.025-1.026
And dont foget to top off with fresh water

Back
Top Bottom