Brauney: New Biocube 29 Gallon SW Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will send you a video through as I think I have my lighting installed wrong for LED's. I am assuming when I turn on LUNAR both LUNAR's should go on. Right now second LED button is the 2nd LUNAR and the other White LED I purchased.

Yeah when lunars go on they all should go on. Are calling the company today about that other issue? You can ask about the lighting as well.

Yes I will, didn't know the one house LED was lunar, thought it was just blue, will swap out. Also will call, is there a much better direct line?

Ok this is very odd, salinity was 1.032 in the morning or higher, then mid day it was 1.019, and then his morning again 1.032 or higher. Is my hydrometer wacky or what?

Your salinity might change cause of the cycling process as well as temperature change from night till day..I have a 29 jbj nano cube which is basicly the same tank I might be new to the forum but I'm old to the hobby so if you need advice let me know

Keep in mind it's only a 29 gallon so do at least a 20 percent water change weekly and the tank will do fine I usually do 5 gallons a week

5 gallons is plenty, I wouldn't advise on doing any bigger then that. So the above is correct. 5 gallons weekly and your good. That's all I do every Saturday is 5 gallons and I've been doing that since day one, no issues as of yet to report.

Anything I should be doing during this cycling process. I have not added any chemicals as of yet or checked individual levels, etc. I am going to order the media basket once I get a recommendation from Convict on supplies I need. Thanks everyone.

Anything I should be doing during this cycling process. I have not added any chemicals as of yet or checked individual levels, etc. I am going to order the media basket once I get a recommendation from Convict on supplies I need. Thanks everyone.

Get your API saltwater test kit. You start adding flake fish food or drop a raw shrimp in a media bag and toss it in the tank. No chemicals needed. You can go ahead and get that nano power head the 425.

If money wasn't an issue I'd say the Vortech MP10!! That is killer. I run one on my tank and love it. I'm actually putting one on my freshwater(75g African cichlid tank)

But your going to need a source of ammonia. Raw shrimp will work. Take your time. Nice and slow.

Ok great, appreciate the advice. Set on 5 gallon water changes, I have that set on TO DO list. Lighting doesn't matter until cycle process is over correct? Is so I got that down pat. Can you send me that email of things to purchase from Amazon and/or InTank. Want to get that ordered today :) Thanks bud.

Ok great, appreciate the advice. Set on 5 gallon water changes, I have that set on TO DO list. Lighting doesn't matter until cycle process is over correct? Is so I got that down pat. Can you send me that email of things to purchase from Amazon and/or InTank. Want to get that ordered today :) Thanks bud.

Yes I'll get that out to you today. And yes. Lights aren't needed during your cycle.

Oh 5 Gallon water changes AFTER cycle process correct? Not now.

Raw Shrimp in Media Bag, explain? gosh I hate being an annoyance, but want to learn and get on my way to having a beautiful tank like you guys have.

Yeah won't add fish or anything until I am 100% certain all is set and I know what is going on, LOL

Raw Shrimp in Media Bag, explain? gosh I hate being an annoyance, but want to learn and get on my way to having a beautiful tank like you guys have.

No problem. Ask questions to learn then you can help someone else out one day. That's what this forum is about. Helping others.

Get a raw shrimp. Like a shrimp cocktail. Get a media bag.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4136+4160+13961&pcatid=13961

Put the shrimp in it and toss it in your tank. Let it decay and give off ammonia etc. that will help start your cycle. That along with your live rock die off.

I would def check the water perimeters and if there somewhat decent I cycled my tank with the clown that i still have(they can deal with bad water parameters ,I know a lot of people go with damsels the problem with those,,there are extremely territorial and will kill other (more expensive)fish.

Back
Top Bottom