Bubbely suds...???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

socalarsen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently on the top water level of my tank there has been formation of small bubbles along the inner glass and where the filter and surface skimmer enter the water...the power head is pointed toward the surface to cause disruption in the water, but the bubbles are still there??? all parameters are normal and all life is fine, but damn it i hate seeing bubbles!!! lol, can anything be done or am i just going to have to bubble it out??? any input helps, thanks friends!

If you aren't pulling water off the surface to go into a sump or into your filtration then you can get those bubbles and eventually a film can develop. Your Via Aqua pulls water out of the tank from below the surface...

No, I had the same problem, I just rearranged my phs. I have 2 hydor 2s and a maxi jet in my 55.

I noticed in my 29 gallon tank that does not have an overflow that the weekly running of GAC or as Scott said purigen that the oily film and gunk at the surface disapeared.

Those methods do work and work well but you will get results by pulling water from the surface...there are kits you can put on your filter to pull from the surface and that will help a lot.....I would play with the angle of the PH as well and maybe even consider a Hydor Korila 1......that will help out a lot!

Back
Top Bottom