building a 55 gal. reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks really cool. I like the dispay fuge part! I just broke down my 55 because I got a 75 but that light is affordable for you but in the long run, it's more affordable and better for your tank to get the LEDs on e-bay. get two, 120w Dimmables. Then just grab 2 dial timers and forget about it. It makes it so much easier. Complete darkness at night (besides just the TV on) but I feel like the tanks need that. Also, You can always get a little moonlight or something if you want.

Can you get a closer pic of the DT, I hated scaping my 55 since it was so narrow, best of luck following along!

Had A set back . Got a leak in the move of the tank. Found the leak will get it fix today :(

Will got it all done . The tank has Cycle too . Heres some picks of it all . Just have one Problem I've got hair Algae growing how can I stop it and get Rid of it

image-314281055.jpg

image-2011236665.jpg

image-3218021744.jpg

image-2562016226.jpg

image-1111374715.jpg

Well, I love the concept, but the rock looks like a guy just piled it up. I would want something that looks more natural. Maybe put a break in there somewhere to make 2 rock towers..something that makes it looks like a natural environment.
As for the hair algae....shut the lights off. Why do you need lights on if you don't have photosynthetic creatures in there yet? During the initial cycle, there are a lot of nutrients in the water. nutrients plus light equals algae. Limit the light.

Will try that with out lights . Was trying to get the Fiji rock to grow the Purple Algae. Do I need lights on For that to grow ?

Not really. You'll have plenty of coralline growing eventually anyway. That takes time. Now is the time for limiting light. coralline can grow with just ambient light from the room lamps or windows.

I got over 110 lb of LR in the tank . So it's hard to make a break in the Middle so I made holes in it

Back
Top Bottom