building a 55 gal. reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I set mine and let them do their thing too. One walmart timer for the blues and one for the whites. Haven't bothered with them since.
Can you post a link to this D Suny fixture?

I brought home the MH light home to try it the tank . Have no Shadows in the tank

It's not going to be much light on the other edges. Low light corals there. That tank calls for 2 halides.

Is there a center brace on that tank? If so the halide can melt it. :-( If not, what happened to it? You need it for stability and to hold the tank together. lol

I know its a great deal but I would pass on it. More trouble than its worth in my opinion. Just keep looking is what I would do.

There is but it was missing so I installed a clear Plexiglass there to support the center of the tank. I had ran water in it for over a week to see hoe it hold and held good tank side did not move

Ran the light for 5 hr and did not get to hot . You could still touch it after running for 5 hr

Ok I'm back. About to set up the tank this weekend if every thing goes good. I have a Question . When I start up the tank with 60 lb of LR & 50 lb DR & 80 lb of Fiji pink sand should I keep both of my reactor empty until it Cycles. Or run it for a few months be for I put every thing in the reactor ?

That's what I thought but wanted to make sure. Do I need to run my lights during it would it help if I did for the LR

Got my RO water today letting it mix all night hope set every thing up tomorrow and start the tank if every goes as plan

Didn't get the tank up today . :( To many HONEY DEWs to get done . Try to get started on it tomorrow I hope .

Back
Top Bottom