Cardinal Bangaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanchezkk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an older CB and I just purchased a baby CB. The baby is being pursued by the older one and there is some aggression from the older one. I am looking for some safe advice. Thanks all

You could continue to have problems. In small groups they sometimes kill each other leaving only a pair. Since you have an unsexed adult and baby it's hard to say

I got my bangaii separately, ones a good bit bigger than the other. There was some chasing at first, but that mostly stopped after a week or two. They've both gotten bigger over the last 4-5 months, and they don't always hang together, but they do sometimes. Now there's only some rare, very short term chasing. Bangaii are difficult to sex based on what I've read, so trying to get a mated pair could be tough. They're usually in tanks with a bunch of them at the LFS. Good luck!!

Well guys thanks but the bigger BC got the baby BC. Thanks for the help though. He got him the night after the last post. I just forgot to update.

Thanks

I feared that may be the case. It's just hard to say sometimes, but usually best to buy an established pair, just keep one, or get a group if you have a large tank. Sometimes you get lucky though

Back
Top Bottom