Changing substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munsterkins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now I have silica sand as my substrate and I'm changing it to part crushed coral part aragonite sand. How will my sand sifting star be affected by this?
Thanks

He isnt going to like the CC at allllll. Why would you put the CC in there? It is going to keep your DSB from functioning properly. Actually...your DSB wont funtion properly with a sand sifting star in there anyway. Hmmmm....If your dead set on keeping the Sand sifting star, I would just go with a shallow sand bed and skip the CC. :wink:

Well, one of my problems is that my dragon goby moves my sand everywhere, he covers my rocks and makes huge mounds of sand. He actually dug all the way to the bottom of my tank, I wanted to put something in there that he wouldn't move around as much. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Well..is he digging to feed or is he digging out a place to sleep? If he is burrowing out a home, then you can take a piece of half inch pvc and burry it in the sand where he normally burrows. Just make sure one opening is at or above the sand level. That will keep the sand out of his home and he should at least slow down on the burrowing. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom