Clown fish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AR15 guy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank raised false percula clown. I managed to pick this one out of a tankfull because it was the best looking one. I thought anyways.

I have had it for 2 weeks and just now noticed one of his bottom fins is missing. He just has a little stub. I noticed a few others at the place like this also. Some were missing both.

I don't think I have any predators in my tank that could do this. Could he just have been born this way?

did he look this way from that store most likley and if he did i had a problem with my tang a month ago picking on fish. my clown lost most of one fin but with time and a good diet he just about has grown it all back. I have heard that meta flex grows fin back really fast. however i also heard that if you have inverts or snails that it will drive these guys crazy. But my clown is taking a long time to grow it back but its nearly back after a month
hope that helps

I don't think blue leg hermits would mess with him do you? Or turbo snails?

I think he was probably like this when I got him. It is hard to notice from the sides because the other fin looks great. Looks like something bite it off possibly.

Hopefully it will grow back.

the fish catch fins on live rock all the time also get chewed now and again :? ...i had a damsel with hardly any fins on...
i just put some vitamins(red sea....marine success vita) in the water weekly..
they grow back in no time )
good luck

Thanks.

I just purchased another clown. It is about half the size of the one in the tank now. He is acclimating now. Hopefully it works out. The big one has already taken interest in the small one. Hopefully in a good way.

They are doing great together. Neither showed any aggression at all. They are swimming around together now.

This one came from pets n things. Which I normally wouldn't get fish from. But he had been there for 2 weeks and looked healthy. So I went ahead and got him. He looks good. And also appears to be a O. clown. I figure he is tank raised but I do not know for sure.

They are doing good. I am hoping someday down the road they may mate. Then I can keep stumpy supplied since he rents out clowns 8O Just messing with you.

BTW are you going to be at that reef club meeting at jo-mars the 24th of april?

lol....gee thanks.....uncle stumpy!
If nothing else gets in the way, I'll be there on the 24th.
Hope to see you there.

Here is a picture of them.

Attachments

• 10gal2percs.jpg
    10gal2percs.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 232
  • clowns1.jpg
    clowns1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 195
  • clownssnail.jpg
    clownssnail.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 195
cute :)
dont worry about the fins they will come back eventually..
soak some vitamins in the food is a good trick i got told to do..and it worked good )

Back
Top Bottom