coralife ro/di unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i have crabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i finally broke down and bought a ro unit but the question i have is how is it possible to know if it doing what it should be ? im a little scared not to add prime just incase thier is still chlorine or what ever else is in tap water, where i live has a good water source and hasnt really given me any problems except a little algae and diatoms, should i start using one of those additives that prepare ro water for use or is that just a load of it. i imagine ill have to use more calcium and alkalinity to bring up the hardness,i tryed asking the bigals guy if they had a tds meter for sale and he didnt have a clue what i was talking about,im preaty shure he was a manager too.

You should be just fine. If you followed the set-up instructions I am sure the unit will work just fine. A TDS metter is useful for deterimining when to change the filters in the meter but will not really tell you if chlorine is present.

i just wanted the meter to see how much was being removed by the unit and how different the water was before having it,then i could justify it to the wife :)

I add a product called osmoprep to my RO at the suggestion of LFS.

You do not need to dose with any products other then regular water changes. The salt should contain all essential elements and osmoprep is another chemical that the LFS uses to make money. Nothing against your LFS though cause mine tried to do the same to me :roll:

i have crabs......... You have a PM!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom