CPR Continuous Siphon Overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sciguy9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Need Help! Using a CPR CS100. Have not been able to keep air from stopping the siphon overflow. I'm using a Rio 800 RVT placed in the sump, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Suggestions please?

Get a better overflow, haha, lol. j/k

I've heard many people say that you need to hook up a bleeder tube to the ventury intake of a powerhead to keep those things primed, I'd look into that, also make sure you have enough flow, I don't know the flow on either the pump of the overflow you listed.

But seriously, from what I've read you might look into a u-tube overflow, I'm ordering one myself in the next fews days :D But don't take this as gospel, I've not used either "yet"... GL

two ways to keep the syphon !! one use a powerhead to suck the air out !! or the more dangerous way have the airline drain into your sump via gravity !! but if ya lose power your syphon is done !! also clean the air nipple once in awhile !

problem solved

It was the air nipple..clogged. Glad it was an easy fix. Wish I'd thought of it. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom