DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about some media like carbon, gfo, chemi pure elite. You've got a reactor now so always good to have whatever media you need on stand by. I know your really wanting a fish but supplies are almost always a better decision then more livestock lol.

Nah I hear ya, just don't need a lot of supplies at the moment. Have containers of GFO and carbon to last me a long time lol have an extra thing of chemipure hanging around. Only thing would be salt which I nay consider :)

Anybody ever use Kent's Purple Tech? I just picked some up the other day and forgot I had it. Sounds like its basically a calcium doser?

Ya that's all it really is.. kind of a waste of money to be honest..

The sleeper goby needs a more established tank I think. Maybe get the jawfish and a skunk cleaner shrimp? I forget if you are having inverts in your tank.

The sleeper goby needs a more established tank I think. Maybe get the jawfish and a skunk cleaner shrimp? I forget if you are having inverts in your tank.

I might wind up getting equipment TBH, I need another powerhead so who knows. I have no money regardless so its gonna be a few days lol

Just an update, just did another 10g water change and siphoned out what was left of the cyano. Tank looks really good now, hopefully it will stay like this. Also, I'm noticing small coralline algae build ups in certain parts of my glass and my rocks r starting to get some color so thats a good sign :) yayy

I got a refund from the guy, I'm just gonna wait and save up some money for another light. I can get by with only one for now.

You know back in the day we used to always start off a reef with low lighting and let the coralline get a foothold and the biofilm build up for a few months before installing strong lights. This helped the aquarium stabilize and gave people time to get to know the ins and outs of the tank before dropping real scratch on show corals. Hearing you say that you're going to wait to upgrade the lights later on just reminded me of that so I thought I'd share. I don't have a clue if there's any real value or need to take things that slowly but it sure didn't hurt. If anything, it gave our wallets time to breathe between big purchases! >_<'

You know back in the day we used to always start off a reef with low lighting and let the coralline get a foothold and the biofilm build up for a few months before installing strong lights. This helped the aquarium stabilize and gave people time to get to know the ins and outs of the tank before dropping real scratch on show corals. Hearing you say that you're going to wait to upgrade the lights later on just reminded me of that so I thought I'd share. I don't have a clue if there's any real value or need to take things that slowly but it sure didn't hurt. If anything, it gave our wallets time to breathe between big purchases! >_<'

Haha well not necessarily upgrading the lights, just buying another one lol but I hear ya. I'm gonna just get by with one light for now and get another down the line. No biggie :)

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant. Just don't be surprised if you get slightly better coralline growth with only one light than with two. It's like natures way of rewarding patience or something. lol Honestly, you're really making me want to get another reef tank! I don't think I could survive a whole year without one. *Hum... maybe with my tax returns...*

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant. Just don't be surprised if you get slightly better coralline growth with only one light than with two. It's like natures way of rewarding patience or something. lol Honestly, you're really making me want to get another reef tank! I don't think I could survive a whole year without one. *Hum... maybe with my tax returns...*

Haha if u have the space and money go for it!! :)

On another note, my LFS is getting yellow head jawfish in tomorrow so I'll probably pick one up on weds or Thursday :)

I have a baby pearly jaw..apptly named...wait for it...Jaws!!:) i love this little fart, hes a trip!!!

Back
Top Bottom