DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, palm tree corals can loose all of their heads and regrow them. If you transfer it into your other tank, away from the wrasse, that's one benefit of having two tanks! It may recover as long as the base stalks are still on the rock. It isn't uncommon for them to loose all of their tops and regrow them even without anything harassing them.

You know, palm tree corals can loose all of their heads and regrow them. If you transfer it into your other tank, away from the wrasse, that's one benefit of having two tanks! It may recover as long as the base stalks are still on the rock. It isn't uncommon for them to loose all of their tops and regrow them even without anything harassing them.

Wish I would have known that before! I tossed it bc it looked horrible lol :/ boo.. maybe I'll try n get more for my 29 :)

DanS180 said:
Wish I would have known that before! I tossed it bc it looked horrible lol :/ boo.. maybe I'll try n get more for my 29 :)

You definitely aren't the first person to do that. Sorry to hear about all the setbacks lately. I know it can get discouraging.

Spoke too soon. Reactor is clogged again, pump was whining this morning so my girlfriend called me and told me so I had to have her shut off everything lol anyone have any idea why this thing keeps clogging?

How full are you filling the reactor and are you using straight GFO or a mix with carbon? Which model reactor are you using?

How full are you filling the reactor and are you using straight GFO or a mix with carbon? Which model reactor are you using?

BRS calculator says 1 1/2 cup of just GFO so that's what I used. Its the BRS single reactor. Said to put that amount in and then put one of the sponges on top to catch small debris.

Just took everything out, even the pump and cleaned off everything. Still not working. The pumps running tho so the pumps good. :/ this is making me crazy

Figured it out! Bad pump. It was running but the impeller was barely moving. Just swapped it out at my LFS for another one :) should work now.

Yeah everything is working just fine now. Not sure what happened. Defective motor I guess

Dan, sorry I didn't have anything to offer on this problem as I don't run a reactor. But I did follow and next time I can pipe in with "Did you make sure the pump works?". :)

Dan, sorry I didn't have anything to offer on this problem as I don't run a reactor. But I did follow and next time I can pipe in with "Did you make sure the pump works?". :)

Haha thanks Sean! I thought it was working bc it was vibrating. Then I hook a hose up to it and realized nothing was coming out lol my mistake.

Back
Top Bottom