DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not much new to report. Other than my reef octopus is starting to really pull some gunk out which is nice. Already had to clean out my reactor and put new mixture in there bc it got clogged somehow.

All and all, everyone is happy and healthy including all corals!

Hopefully will be adding another fish soon :)

Not much new to report. Other than my reef octopus is starting to really pull some gunk out which is nice. Already had to clean out my reactor and put new mixture in there bc it got clogged somehow.

All and all, everyone is happy and healthy including all corals!

Hopefully will be adding another fish soon :)

What fish are you planning on getting next?

Your one and only golden head :) but the past 3x I've gone to my LFS, they weren't there, every other time I went they had like 5 of em lol

Lol! Figures! Do you think you have a good pod population for him? You might consider buying some pods to populate the tank. I've read that they aren't super picky like mandarins, but having good pod population would be good. In so excited that you're getting one!! I'll be so jealous.

Lol! Figures! Do you think you have a good pod population for him? You might consider buying some pods to populate the tank. I've read that they aren't super picky like mandarins, but having good pod population would be good. In so excited that you're getting one!! I'll be so jealous.

I should unless something else in my tank is eating them lol I'll have to check if I can see a good amount of them. If not, I'll just continue on with my stock list and maybe then add some pods and let em populate for awhile.

If I don't get the golden head, I'll probably get my pair of black clowns, or even the kole tang.

I should unless something else in my tank is eating them lol I'll have to check if I can see a good amount of them. If not, I'll just continue on with my stock list and maybe then add some pods and let em populate for awhile.

If I don't get the golden head, I'll probably get my pair of black clowns, or even the kole tang.

As long as you get the golden head at some point it'd be okay to get the black clowns first! Clowns are so cute!

As long as you get the golden head at some point it'd be okay to get the black clowns first! Clowns are so cute!

Lol I'm definitely going to be getting the golden head, I just don't wanna ask my LFS to get some in bc the last 2x I've done that, I noticed they jacked the price up, I guess bc they knew someone wanted one. :/ I'll just wait it out lol patiently

Lol I'm definitely going to be getting the golden head, I just don't wanna ask my LFS to get some in bc the last 2x I've done that, I noticed they jacked the price up, I guess bc they knew someone wanted one. :/ I'll just wait it out lol patiently

I really hate when they do that. A good lfs takes care of its regulars.

So I'm pretty sure my wrasse has been eating the palm tree coral. There's only 2 heads remaining out of about 6-7. Mucus is hanging off the coral too :(

This is a bad sign isn't it??

When I woke up this morning, my giant sand sifting snail was partially IN the clam. Now I don't know if the snail was eating something that was decaying but I got him outta there n this is what my clam looks like 9 hrs later :/ advice?

Oh and my palm tree coral is completely dead now.. joy.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130303_175341.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130303_175341.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 109
If snail was in it chances are your clam may be checkin out,and i dont mean books..:( scavengers dont eat anything unless its dead or dying..

If snail was in it chances are your clam may be checkin out,and i dont mean books..:( scavengers dont eat anything unless its dead or dying..

That's what I feared :(

Next question. Is there a way to remove the clam and just keep the shell??

Mine didn't make it a couple months ago. Eventually the cuc will eat everything. All that was left was the shell on my side but I tossed it

Mine didn't make it a couple months ago. Eventually the cuc will eat everything. All that was left was the shell on my side but I tossed it

Ok do u think I should take it out now? I heard decaying clams can nuke a tank.

I would remove it. Then just clean out the shell best you can. Place some hermits in a bucket or qt tank and let them finish it up. That sucks!!

Back
Top Bottom