DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went out and bought a seaweed clip n some seaweed.. but no ones eating lol

What's everyone feed their tangs?

I had to put Garlic Xtreme on my seaweed initially. Now he eats it as soon as it hits the water.

Another question, I thinks its time I got my CUC. Starting to get a ton of green hair algae on my rocks :/ what's best? Blue legged hermits? Turbo snails?

Right now I only have 1 giant sand sifting snail, a few nassarius snails and a couple Margarita snails and 2 emerald crabs

I'd look at why you have hair algae first. I've added different snails, hermits, and a lawnmower blenny and they have only helped slightly, but the blenny did the best job of all of them.

I'd look at why you have hair algae first. I've added different snails, hermits, and a lawnmower blenny and they have only helped slightly, but the blenny did the best job of all of them.

Yeah I have no idea as to why I have so much hair algae. Phosphates are reading 0ppm and I also have my GFO reactor running

Yes. It's a liquid that I get from my LFS. I also soak all of my food in it before I feed.

I've been getting it too. I've been slacking on my water changes which is the only reason I can say I've seen it. My params are good.

I've been getting it too. I've been slacking on my water changes which is the only reason I can say I've seen it. My params are good.

Yeah I haven't been on top of my water changes either unfortunately, ughh hair algae is so ridiculous to get rid of by hand. Anyone have any easy ways of getting rid of it? Pleaseee????

Well of course more pwcs but here is a trick I used . Get some small 3/8 diameter vynil tubing and zip tie a mesh media bag on one end . Pull a syphon on the tubing and stick the bag end in the sump . Now start sucking it out of the tank with the other end and when your done all the ha will be in the bag for easy removal .

Well of course more pwcs but here is a trick I used . Get some small 3/8 diameter vynil tubing and zip tie a mesh media bag on one end . Pull a syphon on the tubing and stick the bag end in the sump . Now start sucking it out of the tank with the other end and when your done all the ha will be in the bag for easy removal .

I tried doing something similar when doing a pwc. Didn't work. The hair doesn't come off the rocks too easily :/

Ughh tank is starting to get cloudy. Cleaned out my skimmer cup which was CAKED with doo doo Lol I'm gonna change out my GFO and carbon tomorrow and see what happens. And also do a wc tomorrow probably

Lost my Hippo today :/ came home and he was stuck to the side of the powerhead.

I have a serious Hair Algae problem. i just did a 10g wc today, tried to get as much as possible out, but the back wall of the tank was covered in brown stringy algae(im guessing thats what it was). Seems like in a matter of a week, this tank has started to spiral downward. Of course, this being the week i work everyday, open to close, 76hrs.

Im so frustrated right now.

Back
Top Bottom