DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like all of these lol..

1 Kole Tang
1 Blue Tang(I know, I know)
3-4 Blue/green Chromis
1 Scissortail dartfish
1 Gold headed sleeper goby
1 Yellowhead Jawfish
2 Black clowns
1 Six line wrasse

I like all of these lol..

1 Kole Tang
1 Blue Tang(I know, I know)
3-4 Blue/green Chromis
1 Scissortail dartfish
1 Gold headed sleeper goby
1 Yellowhead Jawfish
2 Black clowns
1 Six line wrasse

That looks like an awesome stock list!

As far as the blue tang, you're going to get a 180 gal tank eventually, right? I've seen blue tangs the size of a half dollar. I wonder how fast they grow...

That looks like an awesome stock list!

As far as the blue tang, you're going to get a 180 gal tank eventually, right? I've seen blue tangs the size of a half dollar. I wonder how fast they grow...

Id really like to have one.. I heard they grow really fast to 3 inches and then slowly grow after that.. I don't see an issue having one if that's the case.. it would have more than enough swimming room :)

Id really like to have one.. I heard they grow really fast to 3 inches and then slowly grow after that.. I don't see an issue having one if that's the case.. it would have more than enough swimming room :)

Yeah. Maybe make it the last thing you add? That would give it the shortest time in the tank until you upgrade. I think they are pretty. I just saw a regal blue tang on live aquaria. It was beautiful!

Yeah. Maybe make it the last thing you add? That would give it the shortest time in the tank until you upgrade. I think they are pretty. I just saw a regal blue tang on live aquaria. It was beautiful!

Yeah that's true but aren't you supposed to add Tangs at the same time?? If that's the case it may be one of the first fish in the tank lol

Yeah that's true but aren't you supposed to add Tangs at the same time?? If that's the case it may be one of the first fish in the tank lol

I don't know about that rule... Maybe. You could always add them both last! LOL! Good luck with that... I'd be adding them first too. They are so pretty! I'd wait to add the sleeper goby so that you have a nice pod population. Or buy pods to get the population started. I'm excited you have it on your list! I want one so badly! It's pretty much the reason I want a bigger tank. Don't even care if I have other fish as long as I have that one. Lol!

I love the list!!!! and if you plan on upgrading to a 180, then go for it. When you say blue tang, do you mean a hippo, powder blue or blue Caribbean? I mean, they all need huge tanks, but I read on this forum today that hippos take about 4 years to reach full size. Not sure if that's accurate, but gives you a time frame if that's the kind you're looking at. We saw a small blue hippo at the store today, (those are such beautiful fish) my daughter was asking me to get it. She tried her best, and it was difficult, but I didn't get him. :/

I don't know about that rule... Maybe. You could always add them both last! LOL! Good luck with that... I'd be adding them first too. They are so pretty! I'd wait to add the sleeper goby so that you have a nice pod population. Or buy pods to get the population started. I'm excited you have it on your list! I want one so badly! It's pretty much the reason I want a bigger tank. Don't even care if I have other fish as long as I have that one. Lol!

Yeah after you suggested it, I went and did a lil reading up on em and I like em :) very nice looking specimen haha

I love the list!!!! and if you plan on upgrading to a 180, then go for it. When you say blue tang, do you mean a hippo, powder blue or blue Caribbean? I mean, they all need huge tanks, but I read on this forum today that hippos take about 4 years to reach full size. Not sure if that's accurate, but gives you a time frame if that's the kind you're looking at. We saw a small blue hippo at the store today, (those are such beautiful fish) my daughter was asking me to get it. She tried her best, and it was difficult, but I didn't get him. :/

Yeah I was referring to a blue hippo tang :) well we're saving up for a house and we said we probably won't move for another 2-3 yrs so this should be perfect for now :) plus i should be getting my man cave with my tanks when we move haha definitely making sure I have a basement lol

DanS180 said:
So does anyone else agree on this list?

Other than the blue tang I think it's a great list. You could also substitute the six line for any reef and shrimp safe wrasse you like. I'd add a skunk cleaner shrimp to the list. Even fish like those guys! I also LOVE tomoni tangs. They never outgrow a 75.

Other than the blue tang I think it's a great list. You could also substitute the six line for any reef and shrimp safe wrasse you like. I'd add a skunk cleaner shrimp to the list. Even fish like those guys! I also LOVE tomoni tangs. They never outgrow a 75.

I can't have shrimp n six line together??

DanS180 said:
I can't have shrimp n six line together??

I did for a long time. Mine never bothered my shrimp. Some people have given warnings about them but any fish can cause trouble if it decides to go bad. Some people on this thread suggested other types of wrasses so I just didn't want to rule out their suggestions (like the fairy wrasse). I'm also a six line fan!

You can have them together, I have a six line in with my cleaner, fire, and coral banded shrimp and they have all been ok together. Six lines are reef safe I think they just meant you could get a different reef safe wrasse if you wanted to. I love my six line he's always active and they are cheap too!

Yeah 6 lines are fine. Just try to get one that's in with peaceful wish and isn't being a bully cause every once in a whole they can be a really big bully.

Okay awesome.. yeah I haven't decided on a CUC yet or what type of shrimp I'm gonna have.. everything is still up in the air

now i know some of you think i shouldnt do the blue tang but i really want one and ill have plenty of time before i need/will upgrade but, is there anything else you think would go good with this list?? any other additions?? i dont want an overstocked tank obviously, but im not sure on what my limit is and/or if im already there

I'd say this list would just about max out the tank. You have to think of stocking by considering the full on adult size of the fish. You could add more fish but don't expect things to go as easily with a high bio-load as they will with a more moderate one. It's important to leave a bit of room for surprise fish. You know, the one that you never considered but you see in a shop and just know it's going home. If you give the tank some breathing space you won't fell guilty getting it. :)

I'd say this list would just about max out the tank. You have to think of stocking by considering the full on adult size of the fish. You could add more fish but don't expect things to go as easily with a high bio-load as they will with a more moderate one. It's important to leave a bit of room for surprise fish. You know, the one that you never considered but you see in a shop and just know it's going home. If you give the tank some breathing space you won't fell guilty getting it. :)

Very well said! haha well yeah its going to be awhile before i have all of these fish in the tank so ill just keep an eye on parameters after each new addition and see how my bioload is and take it from there :)

Back
Top Bottom