DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, they definitely can be. Just assumed they used the chemical method. That's what I get for assuming. :)

Lol nope... I had them test my water once, saw they used strips and never brought another sample in.. figure I'm gonna be more accurate then they are

Oh btw.. forgot to mention. Got my DIY screen kit from BRS yesterday.. took me about 30 mins to put together.. looks pretty good and fits perfectly

so when it comes time to start adding fish... what order do you think i should add them in??? heres the list again
Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Blue Tang
4 Blue/Green Chromis
Scissortail Dartfish
Gold Headed Sleeper Goby
Yellowhead Jawfish
2 Black or Snowflake Clowns
Six Line Wrasse

Just wanna know so i know which to put money aside for first :)

so when it comes time to start adding fish... what order do you think i should add them in??? heres the list again
Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Blue Tang
4 Blue/Green Chromis
Scissortail Dartfish
Gold Headed Sleeper Goby
Yellowhead Jawfish
Six Line Wrasse

I'd add the chromis first.

Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Blue Tang
4 Blue/Green Chromis
Scissortail Dartfish
Gold Headed Sleeper Goby
Yellowhead Jawfish
Six Line Wrasse

Chromis
Jawfish
Clowns
Dartfish
Wrasse
Sleeper goby
Tangs

After looking at the list, this is how I would add them.

Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Blue Tang
4 Blue/Green Chromis
Scissortail Dartfish
Gold Headed Sleeper Goby
Yellowhead Jawfish
Six Line Wrasse

I would do:
Chromis
Jawfish
Dartfish
Goby
Clowns
Kole tang-they can be kinda shy
Wrasse
Blue tang

I would only do the Kole tang before the wrasse cuz they can be kinda shy and the sixlines can be semiaggressive sometimes. Of course, it all depends on your particular fish cuz I've heard a couple stories of koles being semiaggressive too. And clowns can be territorial sometimes, so I would let the jawfish and dartfish figure out their dartholes before adding the clowns. :D

I would do:
Chromis
Jawfish
Dartfish
Goby
Clowns
Kole tang-they can be kinda shy
Wrasse
Blue tang

I would only do the Kole tang before the wrasse cuz they can be kinda shy and the sixlines can be semiaggressive sometimes. Of course, it all depends on your particular fish cuz I've heard a couple stories of koles being semiaggressive too. And clowns can be territorial sometimes, so I would let the jawfish and dartfish figure out their dartholes before adding the clowns. :D

Ahh very good point lol okay so it seems that everyone is pretty much on the same page.. I think I'm gonna add the blue and kole tang at the same time tho.. I don't wanna add the kole and then wait a few weeks or a month and then add the blue tang n have the kole pick on him for territory or anything, think it may be safer this way

Ahh very good point lol okay so it seems that everyone is pretty much on the same page.. I think I'm gonna add the blue and kole tang at the same time tho.. I don't wanna add the kole and then wait a few weeks or a month and then add the blue tang n have the kole pick on him for territory or anything, think it may be safer this way

That's a good idea for the tangs, actually. :)

Day 11 results...
Ammo .25ppm
Nitrite 5ppm
Nitrate 80-160ppm
Salinity 1.024

it seems like its going be awhile before everything comes down :/ and my Nitrates?? theyre skyrocketing.. im gonna have to do a 90% WC to start off lol

Day 11 results...
Ammo .25ppm
Nitrite 5ppm
Nitrate 80-160ppm
Salinity 1.024

it seems like its going be awhile before everything comes down :/ and my Nitrates?? theyre skyrocketing.. im gonna have to do a 90% WC to start off lol

Do you have a protein skimmer on the tank?

If there is anything like a skimmer on the tank, just turn it off. As for a water change, why? You are cycling your tank, just let it do its thing. It'll save you money. I don't remember if you have anything living in the tank while you cycle, so just let it go. You want your nitrates to skyrocket, that is a good thing. You are coming round the stretch!

If there is anything like a skimmer on the tank, just turn it off. As for a water change, why? You are cycling your tank, just let it do its thing. It'll save you money. I don't remember if you have anything living in the tank while you cycle, so just let it go. You want your nitrates to skyrocket, that is a good thing. You are coming round the stretch!

Yeah I have the skimmer but I was letting it "break in".. nothing live in the tank. And I meant a water change after the cycle has completed not during it. What is the skimmer doing by being on??

The skimmer can slow a cycle a bit by pulling out some of the organics before the nitrogen cycle but it seems your cycle is more then half way done so its no big deal. Did you even add any LR? Your cycle may be the fastest I've seen so far lol.

The skimmer can slow a cycle a bit by pulling out some of the organics before the nitrogen cycle but it seems your cycle is more then half way done so its no big deal. Did you even add any LR? Your cycle may be the fastest I've seen so far lol.

Nah dude, no LR, all dead rock. Lol so u think I should just leave the skimmer on?

Back
Top Bottom