DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya I'm the same... Like a moth to the light, especially when my timers switch over catches my attention so I go and sit down in front of my tank nearly everytime like clock work haha

Ya I'm the same... Like a moth to the light, especially when my timers switch over catches my attention so I go and sit down in front of my tank nearly everytime like clock work haha

Hahaha I do that with my 29.. I'll just sit in front of it n look for things. That's how I found aiptasia lol

Dumb question but its been awhile since I've cycled a tank, when can I take the decaying shrimp out that smells like nasty @$$ feet? Lol

DanS180 said:
Dumb question but its been awhile since I've cycled a tank, when can I take the decaying shrimp out that smells like nasty @$$ feet? Lol

It's a good question. I'd take it out in two or three days. Your tank is essentially cycled once your nitrite is converted to nitrate which has been happening for a while. If you plan on adding a lot of fish right away you could leave it another week. If you're just getting four green chromis then I'd say your tank will likely be ready by Sunday if you take the shrimp out in a couple days, check to ensure the nitrite is at trace a couple days later, and then do that monster water change to flush the nitrates on Saturday.

These things happen in their own time frame of course so we can only make guesses and then test on the actual days.

It's a good question. I'd take it out in two or three days. Your tank is essentially cycled once your nitrite is converted to nitrate which has been happening for a while. If you plan on adding a lot of fish right away you could leave it another week. If you're just getting four green chromis then I'd say your tank will likely be ready by Sunday if you take the shrimp out in a couple days, check to ensure the nitrite is at trace a couple days later, and then do that monster water change to flush the nitrates on Saturday.

These things happen in their own time frame of course so we can only make guesses and then test on the actual days.

So you think my trites will convert by Sunday? And I should take the shrimp out on Thursday or Friday maybe?

:) without a doubt.. definitely getting one :) once the tank is up and running and I have my lights I'll probably buy a pod package from Reefs2go

I recommend their pod package for amphipods. Often times it's buy one get one free, so that's a plus. If you're in the market for copepods, check out Reef Cleaners. 2 bags and my refugium is out of control with them now!

I recommend their pod package for amphipods. Often times it's buy one get one free, so that's a plus. If you're in the market for copepods, check out Reef Cleaners. 2 bags and my refugium is out of control with them now!

Great! Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely keep that in mind :)

DanS180 said:
So you think my trites will convert by Sunday? And I should take the shrimp out on Thursday or Friday maybe?

They likely won't be down by Sunday unless you take the shrimp out today. You could always just take it slow and leave it in until you see only nitrate. It's only if you wanted to rush things. It's always better to wait but once your tank deals with the nitrite, whenever that may be, the tank will be ready assuming you drop the nitrates.

They likely won't be down by Sunday unless you take the shrimp out today. You could always just take it slow and leave it in until you see only nitrate. It's only if you wanted to rush things. It's always better to wait but once your tank deals with the nitrite, whenever that may be, the tank will be ready assuming you drop the nitrates.

Gotcha, well I'm in no rush at all so ill just leave it in there.

Back
Top Bottom