DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a lfs that I have issues with as well. I still always stop in and look. They supported freshwater for a decade and I bought my dog there as well. Things were rough, but they seem to be improving as I've bought most of my cool inverts from them and they are still kicking.

I have a lfs that I have issues with as well. I still always stop in and look. They supported freshwater for a decade and I bought my dog there as well. Things were rough, but they seem to be improving as I've bought most of my cool inverts from them and they are still kicking.

Seems lfs' are just like any other business. Bunch of lousy ones with the occasional good one. Found a really good one in my area and they get ALL of my business. This hobby is to costly to give business to mediocre/poor stores.

Seems lfs' are just like any other business. Bunch of lousy ones with the occasional good one. Found a really good one in my area and they get ALL of my business. This hobby is to costly to give business to mediocre/poor stores.

Very true, however my LFS isn't really a bad store, I mean I bought all of my other saltwater stuff here and my freshwater fish for that matter, nothing has ever died the way it has recently.

Very true, however my LFS isn't really a bad store, I mean I bought all of my other saltwater stuff here and my freshwater fish for that matter, nothing has ever died the way it has recently.

And they can only get the stock the distributors send to them. Was just pointing out that all stores are not created equally.

And they can only get the stock the distributors send to them. Was just pointing out that all stores are not created equally.

No I hear ya Sean, you're absolutely right. I'm just weary on buying more fish because, well, let's face it, no one likes wasting money lol

So I'm really starting to develop a lot of diatoms on my glass, sand bed and rocks. Think its about time to go out and get some snails??

Just bought
6 nassarrius snails
3 margarita snails
1 sand sifiting snail

Think that should be enough for the time being :)

DanS180 said:
Pads still white, well it has a tint of brown but I'm pretty sure its brown algae lol

Phew! Brown algae is the best case scenario. Just like at the start of your 29 it should get better after a few weeks.

Phew! Brown algae is the best case scenario. Just like at the start of your 29 it should get better after a few weeks.

Well my tank is covered in brown algae so I'm really starting to lean towards bad stock. I might go to a different store later today

Just an update, both of my corals are still going strong and no sign of dead snails/hermits. Think I might try another fish possibly.

Oh and the poly pad is still white.

I was just going to ask how your stock was doing. If you recall I have the same problem. My corals, cleaner shrimp, 1 clown and CUC are doing good as well. Im scared to add any more fish. I am going to wait until February to add 1 more clown. What are you thinking of adding?

I was just going to ask how your stock was doing. If you recall I have the same problem. My corals, cleaner shrimp, 1 clown and CUC are doing good as well. Im scared to add any more fish. I am going to wait until February to add 1 more clown. What are you thinking of adding?

Probably something cheap again, not sure about another Chromis, just something else maybe in the $10 range. Another girl from the LFS said they lost 18 chromis in there show tank in less than 2 weeks so im gonna steer clear of them for now lol

Not right now, but down the line, how does everyone feel about me skipping on the Six Line wrasse and getting a Christmas wrasse???

Back
Top Bottom