Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ryan-peddle said:
1/4 will be fine you can turn around and go back to home depot lol

It's amazing to me that for any project you do ,..you make about three runs to home depot to get all the junk you thought you'd get in the first trip... Thanks Ryan

Dary421 said:
It's amazing to me that for any project you do ,..you make about three runs to home depot to get all the junk you thought you'd get in the first trip... Thanks Ryan

Lol I am in the trade building cabinets everyday and we still make 2-3 runs a day lol

Gregcoyote said:
I laid down a layer of that rubber anti skid material to cushion the tank a little

Also a great idea I am just partial to the cushion of styrofoam

Dary do you have a build thread for your new tank?

ryan-peddle said:
Also a great idea I am just partial to the cushion of styrofoam

Dary do you have a build thread for your new tank?

Ryan,...I dropped by home depot on my way home and said hi to everyone for you and found a nice sheet of styrofoam installation. ( 1/2" ) and cut it down to fit under my new tank which HASN'T showed up yet at the lfs,...also bought 132#'s of sand at my other lfs but may get a little more later on,.... as far as a new tank building thread,..nah,...this looks like it's developing to be Dary's universal what ever goes on thread so with the moderators permissions we'll just keep it going,..... One thing I'm going to do is use all new sand in the new tank,...reason being that previously I had black sand ( gravel) in my 75 gal tank which looked rather hideous IMO so I added some white sand over the top of it which looked great for awhile but soon it sank and the black gravel rose to the top as in a fight for dominance ,.... So this time I'm going white sand 100% this time,..... I think I'm going to try and seed my sand for a couple of few weeks or so to build up a bacteria colony BEFORE I introduce it into the new setup,... I don't know if my timing really sucks on this whole thing or not but my 75 gal tank is really starting to look beautiful these days.., I suppose once I actually get everything set up and transferred into the new 135 it'll look great but,....that's another story...

Darys universal whatever's going on thread lol that would make a great thread title

Glad everything is looking good one question though is your new LEDs going to fit your new tank?

ryan-peddle said:
Darys universal whatever's going on thread lol that would make a great thread title

Glad everything is looking good one question though is your new LEDs going to fit your new tank?

Re.LED's ...I believe they'll work out perfectly ,... And if I do need another fixture than I wouldn't hesitate to get another one of the same fixtures that I already have ... Re. "Darys universal whatever's going on thread". ... Yeah , I like that title too,...kinda takes the guess work outa whats going on..thanks for the tip with the styrofoam at home depot.,..saw some nice mushrooms at the lfs but walked away,...and avoided looking at any other corals too,..( for the time being....). :)

ryan-peddle said:
O ok I thought that was in a couple weeks

..nope ,..not in Hawaii yet,.. Sorry about no posts but sometimes life and work gets in the way,.....we actually leave on sept 26 th for hawaii,...Still waiting on my tank which STILL hasn't come in yet,...I called them the other day and they said late Saturday afternoon,...but it's late Saturday afternoon and still no tank ,..not really a big deal though seeing that it won't be set up for a while anyway.
In the mean time I've been slowly working on the stand after work time permitting.. I made a couple of doors etc,....but nothing really exciting going on,.... :- /

Dary421 said:
..nope ,..not in Hawaii yet,.. Sorry about no posts but sometimes life and work gets in the way,.....we actually leave on sept 26 th for hawaii,...Still waiting on my tank which STILL hasn't come in yet,...I called them the other day and they said late Saturday afternoon,...but it's late Saturday afternoon and still no tank ,..not really a big deal though seeing that it won't be set up for a while anyway.
In the mean time I've been slowly working on the stand after work time permitting.. I made a couple of doors etc,....but nothing really exciting going on,.... :- /

Cool just making sure your still alive lol I look forward to updates on this thread it's a daily routine

So this would be the only time your not pacing the floors and waiting at the door for ups lol

ryan-peddle said:
Cool just making sure your still alive lol I look forward to updates on this thread it's a daily routine

So this would be the only time your not pacing the floors and waiting at the door for ups lol

Thanks Ryan,.... I'm glad someone is checking up on me to make sure I'm still alive,..... It's been kinda tough lately because I've been sharing my van with Laura ( car less from her recent accident ) so even planning a trip to home depot is an event in itself.... But,..I think in a week or so Im going to pour my new sand into a large rubbermaid trash can,..add some water from a pwc,...throw a few new pieces of live rock,..add a filter pad from my tank . Put in a powerhead and let it go in hopes that the new sand will develop a healthy bacteria colony,.so when I do setup the new tank I'll get a jump on things,...sounds logical to me (?)

ryan-peddle said:
That should get things going

On a side note what's gonna happen to your current tank after the switch? Keeping or selling?

....I really don't know yet..., just haven't gotten that far ,... I'm just hoping that I can pull this whole switcharoo off without a hitch,....

Buffy said:
Pics coming soon?

Not much to take pictures of,..a half built stand and no tank yet.... I'm sure it'll be a photorama after Hawaii as I try and blunder my way thru the change over,.. Just think , cans full of saltwater, bins of live rocks and corals,.. Think of the mess and the flooding associated with this move,...now, that'll be worth taking a picture or two of...... :- /

Lol. That is the one thing I am NOT looking forward to. I can't stand the fish tank messes in the house. Saltwater all over my wood floors. Makes me want to cry already.

Maya said:
Lol. That is the one thing I am NOT looking forward to. I can't stand the fish tank messes in the house. Saltwater all over my wood floors. Makes me want to cry already.

Yeah,...this is going to be one big mess for sure,.... I'm not looking forwards to doing the swap over nor any new diatom blooms that'll come from it either ,..not to mention setting up a new sump,ATO etc.... I better have plenty of beer in the refrigerator that day!!!!

Back
Top Bottom