Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #1881
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Diving with Manta rays at night. Awesome.
Doesn't sound awesome to me.....I like to see what's coming at me before it takes a bite out of me

Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #1882
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Doesn't sound awesome to me.....I like to see what's coming at me before it takes a bite out of me
Lol,....I know the feeling ,.....the way I look at it,...nite time over there is for sharing a beautiful bottle of wine with your best girl. ... Daytime is for snorkeling when you can see that tiger shark coming at you !

Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #1883
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Watching them make huge loops feeding on plankton attracted by our dive lights. That was amazing.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #1884
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Watching them make huge loops feeding on plankton attracted by our dive lights. That was amazing.
I assume you're talking about the manta rays and NOT the tiger sharks !!! Lol,... My GF is really scared about the tiger sharks,..especially since there was an attack in the EXACT SAME SPOT that we were snorkeling the week before!!
I just got my first order of snails and brittle stars in from " reefs to go" today and I gotta tell you that so far I'm a little impressed at their service,....EVERYTHING arrived alive ( imagine that!) ,they made a call letting me know about the delivery time etc,....they didn't charge extra for a shipping box etc.... Now I gotta acclimate everything and try and sneak them into the tank tonite,....hopefully my giant cantaloupe snails will arrive in the next day or so too,...fingers crossed and beer's poured!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #1885
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Manta rays, yes. Something that doesn't eat you. Glad the Reef2go experience was good.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #1886
Aquarium Advice Addict

I tried a reefs2go order this week for pods (as my wholesaler sent me two Scooter Blennies I didn't order) and I was apprehensive as my last several orders last year all came wrong. Today the pods arrived (alive & well) but they did show my tracking as being already delivered to an address in Florida on Tuesday lol. Glad your order was fine Dary! Good luck with the Easter Bunny style of hiding your Trigger's "eggs". And yeah that beer sounds good now as we are havin a hot wave here!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #1887
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post
I tried a reefs2go order this week for pods (as my wholesaler sent me two Scooter Blennies I didn't order) and I was apprehensive as my last several orders last year all came wrong. Today the pods arrived (alive & well) but they did show my tracking as being already delivered to an address in Florida on Tuesday lol. Glad your order was fine Dary! Good luck with the Easter Bunny style of hiding your Trigger's "eggs". And yeah that beer sounds good now as we are havin a hot wave here!
Heat wave here too,...suppose to be 100+ this weekend out here .... I'm sure glad I got that chiller awhile back! I know reefs2 go has a lot of bad press but all I can say is that "MY" order was delivered on time and fully intact....
Old 06-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #1888
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post

Heat wave here too,...suppose to be 100+ this weekend out here .... I'm sure glad I got that chiller awhile back! I know reefs2 go has a lot of bad press but all I can say is that "MY" order was delivered on time and fully intact....
It's inevitable if you do as much volume as them you will get some bad reviews and or messed up orders. My head swims thinking about taking online orders lol.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #1889
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well after a nite of carnage and With A battle field amiss of empty snail shells ,..there swims one happy fat triggerfish,...BUT the two largest snails appear to be unscathed and looking good,,..yea!!! A small battle won!!! How many of the really small snails escaped I do not know.,nor do I know of the outcome of the brittle stars,..hopefully,they crawled up under a rock somewhere .
The three giant " cantaloupe" snails arrived today and they are about roughly 21/2- 3 times the size of the surviving two snails from the nite before ,so I actually have a good feeling that they may be alittle too big for the trigger to mess with,....if they appear to make it I'll try and get a few more to add to the tank.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #1890
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Escargots. Expensive meal for mister trigger. Did you serve him a fine wine as well?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com