Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #3551
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It sure looks like it could be. My monti ID abilities aren't as sharp as they could be. Depending on what all comes back to life after I accidentally William Murderfaced things in the upgrade by misreading my salinity in the rush of setting up the new system in the move. But, thankfully the orange monti survived a 3 day power outage and came back. It should do the same this time around.
Though it was growing like a weed, I'd kinda wish it was a more rare or different color combo coral now.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:50 AM   #3552
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Hank ,..upon further review ( and a call to my lfs buddy ) he said if his memory was correct, one of his ' regular clients ' had brought ina few undata montis " Jedi mind trick " frags / coral ( along with some other monti's ) for store credit and he believes I had got one of those pieces ... this is the same girl that had taken different colored monti capriconis pieces and successfully bonded them together to produce these wild looking multicolored capriconis frags ,.... I remember that he had only two frags but they were a little pricey at the time and although wickedly beautiful ,I reluctantly decided to pass ,... I remembered the following week sucking it up and going back to get one but they were gone :-( , obviously,this girl knows her stuff and is " light years " ahead of me

Old 05-30-2017, 12:18 PM   #3553
Aquarium Advice Addict

Beautiful pictures Dary.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #3554
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Thank you barb
Old 05-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #3555
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

That sure could be a jedi mind trick alright. A beautiful piece.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #3556
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Dary's tank!

I was just in Colorado. The same guy who names monti's also must name marijuana strains. Same with zoa's. Jedi mind trick, come on...how baked do you have to be to come up with that description of a coral? I guess we have to call it something. Purple with green dots just doesn't do it justice.
Just a sober observation.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:10 AM   #3557
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
I was just in Colorado. The same guy who names monti's also must name marijuana strains. Same with zoa's. Jedi mind trick, come on...how baked do you have to be to come up with that description of a coral? I guess we have to call it something. Purple with green dots just doesn't do it justice.
Just a sober observation.
lol,...that'll explain it !
Old 06-15-2017, 07:08 PM   #3558
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Not too much to report ... besides some pesky mojano anemone the tank and corals are thriving and doing wonderfully well .. I've been gaining ground little by little on the mojano by use of the mojano wand and some well placed injections of aptasia x ...there's some places that i don't know if I can ever get to them but overall I think I'm getting the upper hand .
I keep threatening myself to keep driving straight instead of turning right on my way home from work and stop by my lfs to check on the latest coral frags but ...... one of these days !
Old 06-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #3559
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I was going over some old pictures and I ran across a picture I had taken of my last surviving Martian chalice a year ago after a "gone on vacation " mishap ,... I know from the past that these particular corals are kinda touchy and very slow growing so I decided I'd take a picture to compare the two ,.. today's picture looks much healthier and vibrant that the one taken a year ago , the color is far more intense and the " eyes" have seemed to widen and darken ,..I have my fingers crossed that my favorite piece of coral I have in my tank will continue to grow ,...maybe next year at this time I can take another picture of it to compare and share :-/Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1664.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	300619Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1497983957.946774.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	300620
Old 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #3560
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Wow, that is pretty crazy there Dary. I didn't know you still had one of those in the tank! I was thinking about one for in the new tank, just have to find a chalice somewhere at the right price.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com