Dwarf Angel Reauirements Changed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just went on Liveaquaria and saw the dwarf angel requirements. Last time I checked, a flame angel only needed a 30 gallon tank but now it says 70? Is it a mistake they made or is it now the new requirement for these dwarfs?

Jake337 said:
I just went on Liveaquaria and saw the dwarf angel requirements. Last time I checked, a flame angel only needed a 30 gallon tank but now it says 70? Is it a mistake they made or is it now the new requirement for these dwarfs?

Liveaquaria tends to go high on tank size requirements IMO. Aquacon goes too low IMO. Bluezooaquatics tends to be in the middle and still has dwarf angels at 30g. I have a dwarf angel in a 30g and he's perfectly happy, although he will be moving to a 125g within the next year.

I thought that was just my mistake at Least someone else found it too

I don't know, I wouldn't put to much faith in any of those site's recommendations. Yeah, Liveaquaria tends to be pretty good in terms of recommendations, but there is a lot more to it.....for example tank foot print. I think the length and width of the tank is more important than the volume in many instances. I think 36" of length is enough for a moderately sized pygmy angel. But then again, I have seen flames that were 6", which would go against the rule of thumb. 30 gallons is cool in my book.

Back
Top Bottom