Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2004, 04:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

fake anemone

This is not really a question but kinda a comment. You know those really fake anemones that came out about 4-5 months ago (well at least that is when i noticed them) they were stiff plastic material and looked really fake? and also pink (they were too expensive too) n e ways I was thinking when I started my first salty tank 7 months ago that they should make fake anemones look better. Well they have!! Anyone seen the new ones by SeaGarden? they are almost like rubberbands, and they also have carpet anemones. Since I know I do not have enough light yet for the real thing, i would hate to kill such a cool critter. These are the next best thing if you ask me. They move around in the PH too. So dont feel bummed if you don't have enough light or your tank is to new for an anemone.....you can still let your clown feel at home....although I think my clown is onto me. hehe check them out.

Old 05-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
Did you find it in your LFS or online??? Sounds like it would be a nice addition!

Old 05-23-2004, 05:58 PM   #3

Is there a link to them online?
Old 05-23-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Big Al's has some in the "New Arrivals" section. Pretty good selection it looks like.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Big Al's has some in the "New Arrivals" section. Pretty good selection it looks like.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to prisoner1572 Send a message via Yahoo to prisoner1572
how will clowns react to these? will they start living in them?
Old 05-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #7

No gaurentees, so theres no way to answer such a question with out trying it.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:16 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Ive seen a few of these in person and they don't look so hot. I doubt that they would move much if at all in a powerhead. (especially the short ones.)

but heck, its probibly worth getting one to try out!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:08 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Saw some at petsmart last week, not sure if they're the same brand or not. They were very flexible and would at least sway with the current. The colors were hideous tho' way too bright. All of them were flourescent greens, hot pinks... none that were natural colored. They cost from 10 to 20 and ranged in size.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well I thought they looked pretty good.....I'm just talking about the anemone one though. Not the fake corals. I work at Petsmart and havn't even seen those in my store. We have those really tacky ones tho....they just make me laugh. N e ways.....I have mine behind my PH and it still moves. My clown doesn't live in it tho.
Here is a link to the one I have, there is clear plastic at the base of the tentacles holding them up for display, you cut that off before you put them in the tank.
http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/...;pcid1=;pcid2=

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com