Feather Duster Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanderson417

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently ordered a feather duster. Is it true that they cannot be exposed to the air after drip acclimation like a sponge? For those who hVe feather dusters. I would like to understand your acclimation process and whether or not you exposed yours to the air. I am always concerned with allowing any water from the LFS or dealer into my tank.

Tha ms,

Steve

dusters I always float bag 1/2hr than remove duster and place it in tank
there pretty hardy lil buggers being in air couple sec wont hurt it
i never drip dusters and never had a problem

Ditto but I jus drip everything but when time comes I jus grab them and put them in the tank I don't put lfs water in my tank

I just dripped a dusted today and picked him and put him in. He is extending his crown and seems to be ok. I think the air "rule" is for sponges for sure, and some starfish I have heard.

One more question for those who have experience with feather dusters. I place him in an area of medium flow. He did not open but floated around the tank. He settled in the back corner of the tank and then opened up. Unfortunately he is really hidden in that corner. Could/should I move him or do they decide where their home should be? I hate the location, where it settled, but if they float till they find the perfect spot, I will leave him alone.

Thanks,

Steve

I kinda anchored mine under a rock. At first I had him buried but the current took him away... He seems happy.

image-1590592365.jpg

Sorry bout the bad pic... The snails kinda in the way lol

Back
Top Bottom