Finishing up my stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See if anyone else has any experience with the PJs, but for me, yeah just floaters.

I may not be into just floating fish. I kinda wnated to see them zip around and such.
I guess maybe I'll go with another pair of clowns then? And maybe just 2 of the pj's?

Oh I hate being indecisive.lol But glad I know now.

Two pair of clowns in one tank, I thought that was hard to do.
As far as the PJ I started with one, and he kinda just floated in the back, so I thought add another, well the first wanted nothing to do with the second even though he tried to get close.... so I added a third.....well you get the point, I didn't go for a fourth. they are together sometimes, but more often not.

I've heard in this thread I believe that as long as I introduce them at the same time and watch which ones I mix i should be ok. I was thinking regular percs or clarkii ones. I will be transferring my B&W'w to a 55 soon so that would be a good time to do it.

I think I will pass on the pj's. too many people say they just float. lol

I just got a pair of clarkiis in a tiny setup from craigslist. well it was a 10G setup, but I put them in a 20G along with the LR I got from the 10G setup. so far its been 24hours, ammonia is still 0, and they're eating.. so I hope all goes well. Getting a piece or two of LR on Friday from my LFS, would like to build up to a good amount in there. I was told the pair were clearing off rocks from the original owner. So maybe once they get comfortable some breeding?

Awww the cardinals are so cute! if you want to see what they do you can look em up on YouTube. They do float a bit but I still find em interesting.....

5 might be a bit too muh IMO, try 3 at first and unless you see some fighting leave it at that. Pajamas seem like small fish but when they grow they're pretty hefty.

If you really want a tang I say go 6ft, 90Gs are just tall 4 footers, I'm personally not a fan of tall tanks though. And this would be something I would play it safe on, I usually would push the boundaries but not on this

Edit: I see you pretty much changed your mind, maybe try no centerpiece, just several single interesting fish. This would be a good tank for a flasher wrasse

Do you think just one PJ would be lonely? I do find them interesting to look at but I'm not digging the just float and stare at ya thing. lol i wouldn't wanna waste my valuable fish real estate on alot of them.

I could and DO sit on a chair in front of my tank and stare at the clowns. I'm just fascinated by them for whatever reason. And I never even saw the nemo movie.

I have one of the kitchen chairs in front of the 38G. The other two tanks are close enough to the kitchen table that I can sit there and watch them. Then there are tiny flashlights scattered around for nighttime spying.

I have the same thing! I have a huge flashlight on the side of the tank so i can catch my sea hare moving around. I can never find him during the day lol

No? Mine is out during day too. I do notice mine likes to hide itself in the sand now and again. It was eating algae off the powerhead today when I got home. I got my 12" tweezers and pulled a piece of grape macroalgae from the sump and put it in front of my sea hare. He took it right from me, was very cool!!

That is cool. maybe i'll try to feed a piece of algae sheet later. he was munching on one the other day that the blenny grabbed off the clip. I love my sea hare. I just hope he has enough food to eat.

I don't take any chances, if I don't see a piece of macro on the PH, then I put one in. (for anyone reading this, my sea hare is too big to get into the interworkings of my PH)

carey said:
I believe multiple clowns aren't a good idea. I'd love them but I've heard some not good stories. lol

I have 6 clowns in total and they never fight maybe it because my tank is bigger or maybe I just lucky either way I would take the chance on getting more. I really want a few black clowns.

I have 6 clowns in total and they never fight maybe it because my tank is bigger or maybe I just lucky either way I would take the chance on getting more. I really want a few black clowns.

i wouldnt mind having 2 black clowns when i add some fish next week but no lfs has any

I waited almost two months for mine. i got tank raised ORA's. :) Cost a pretty penny but I finally got them. I have a huge thread on here about it lol

Ok I've looked on YouTube and that's one of the more boring videos use seen of them. just saying....

Hehe i couldnt even watch the whole clip, they are boring. OK Updated stocking list LOL:
2 B&W Oscellaris
1 lawnmower Blenny
1 Watchman Goby
1 Royal Gramma
2 Oscellaris tank bred - just did research and this seems the best temperment match
1-2 ???? a spot or two left over just in case

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom