Finishing up my stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hackteck said:
YouTube - Pajama Cardinal Fish im thinking 5 of those cardinals arent a good idea they just sit there lol

I have one Chardinal and if you ask me one is enough two or three are good though if you want them to be happy. But I only got it because I was being stupid and just bought it when I saw it. So if you like quick moving fish then this is not the fish for you. It always sits in one spot just barely moving.

Thanks for your experience, further reinforcing my decision to leave them out. They do look cool though. lol

kms907 said:
I think you should look into some anthias for your last couple fish, or some blue/green chromis...but i think anthias are nicer.

I want a squareback anthia

Sent from my HTC ANDROID INCREDIBLE using Aquarium

Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one saying that PJs are floaters. :)

Yep very cool to look at but I need some action in my tank. All the pjs do is stare it seems. that video was tedious to watch. lol

Updated stocking!

2 B&W Oscellaris
2 Misbar Oscellaris
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Pink Spotted Watchman Goby
1 Bali Sea Hare

Still to get:
1 Royal Gramma
2 Bengaii (sp?) Cardinals ( my b/f really liked them today)
1-2 Mystery Fish- Undecided

Here are my new babies

img_1280943_0_26881fd71f484d8d74515be157ac7400.jpg

You will love the bangii cardinals once you get them I'm sure! I think they are pretty great fish, love ours in our large tank.

And like i said before great new clowns! haha

I was on the edge with the cardinals but my b/f went with me today for the first time and he actually took an interest in the fish. So i figure i'll get 2 for him to enjoy. :)

Not sure if this is the thread to ask in, but, How long does it take a tang to get too big for a 55g? i figure I'll be upgrading again within 6 months, would they grow that fast? Especially if I get a small one?

I guess everyone will say wait for the tank but I'd really like to enjoy it now as well as later.....

Yah haha my bf HATES my fish...always jokes about eating them, says i spend too much time with them haha. I have made it clear that i come as a package though...fish and me together.

I think you should be fine if you get a really small one. I mean it's not like it would be cramped in a 10 gal, 55 should be fine for temporary home.

I noticed that! Carey I'm soooo glad you finally get the tang you've wanted, unfortunately (to be selfish) I'm ten gallons short and one year short of the small temporary tank mark

I noticed that! Carey I'm soooo glad you finally get the tang you've wanted, unfortunately (to be selfish) I'm ten gallons short and one year short of the small temporary tank mark

Didn't get the tang. :-( Still no Tang for me.

I thought u were going to though? And put it in the bigger tank when you upgrade?

I'm still getting input. What i'd like is maybe an alternative to the yellow tang so I can get one now. But I'm feeling out how long it will take til the yellow one to grow out of the 55g. If I'm good for a year on his size i can be certain that I'd have a 125g by then. Heck, I may even have it by the summer but worst case scenario is christmas.

Yellow-eyed Kole tang and a tomini tang are good for smaller tanks, for me I'd prefer the depth on a 75G to feel safer.

I'm just skeptical about putting any tang in a 55, the room just isn't there

Back
Top Bottom