Finishing up my stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iDreamInSaltwater said:
Yellow-eyed Kole tang and a tomini tang are good for smaller tanks, for me I'd prefer the depth on a 75G to feel safer.

I'm just skeptical about putting any tang in a 55, the room just isn't therre

+1

A smaller tang could be fine at first, then as it grows start to stress. Running into the glass and eventually die from stressing over swimming room.

Does the watchman hang out with the pistol shrimp? I've seen the combination on here before.

I'm trying to find out how fast a tang grows. If I got a real small one how long til it is too big? 5 months? 8 months? you see what I'm getting at.

Yes, the shrimp or goby digs a burrow and the goby stands guard. The goby will also feed the shrimp. Pistols are nearly blind and feel the fins if the goby and know things are cool. When the goby goes out, the pistol gets on guard in case... If anything, it will be a passing snail or hermit. The fish probably won't behave in a predatory manner like the wild.

It's fun go watch when the pistol comes out to remove sand. Search YouTube.

Wow pretty cool. I am def gonna check out a pistol. I already have 4 peppermints, should it be a problem ya think?

OK so I am at the end of my stocking for the 55g. Unless of course I have more room than I thought inside.
I currently have:

2 b&w oscellaeis
2 misbar oscellaris
1 lawnmower blenny
1 pink watchman goby

I still need to add:
1 royal gramma
1 tiny yellow tang

Can I add anything else ya think? I won't have the 125g up and running til the end of the year so I figure I'll get more tangs then. And many other cool things. :)

Thanks for the help everyone this is the home stretch I think as far as stocking this tank.

the Pistol Shrimp for the Goby - they will stay in their borrow, mostly. But if it does cross paths with a peppermint, it may attack. I haven't seen mine move from the rock that he's building an intricate network of tunnels under. But I also don't see him much. I see the goby "watching" all the time

I think you could add a wrasse - like a Flasher Wrasse. They are beautiful, but jump, so be mindful.

LOL No jumpers for me, thats why i stayed away from the wrasses.

So the pistol and peppermints could mix it up? grr i have 4 of those too and they are everywhere it seems. I may have to wait on the pistol. darn..

hows the list look otherwise? theres still room isnt there even after I get the last two fish ....

i would say you have room for one more. I'd go for a swimmer. I'm at a loss as to what... an anthias maybe? But I always thought they do best in schools...

Dwarf Angel? Coral Beauty seems to be the best with corals. Although, I absolutely HAVE to have a Flame angel, so...I'll chance it.

I love the bicolor angels, but they aren't as hardy as the coral beauty and flame angel.

LOL such decisions we have huh? I figured one more swimmer as well but no idea what. Maybe i will stick with the tang and gramma. I was thinking a pj cardinal or two tops, they are floaters or maybe a begaii cardinal. again with the floaters hehe.

My tank looks so empty, the blenny and goby are always hiding so I have like 4 fish I can see.

Dwarf angels are pretty active swimmers, but its hit or miss whether they chose to dine on your corals. That's a pretty expensive meal.

Thats another fish that has me paranoid to put it in. I dont have alot of corals but the ones I have I happen to like alot! lol

What about a puffer, some of the small spotted ones are fine with clowns and small fish.

For now I only have a 55g. I thought the puffer took up a lot of space? I like the big brown ones with the blue eyes. :)
I also heard they can spit out a poision too.

Not all puffers are large. Look up blue spotted Toby. They don't require much space at all.

cool will do that now. :)

It says they are not reef compatible. i also think its kinds dopey looking LOL

They are quite fun to watch as they weave the rock work, I had one die a few days ago unfortunately, still unsure of the cause, the water is pristine.

Live aquarium has some good profiles and pics, there are a few that would suit your tank just fine.

Back
Top Bottom