firefish like to dig hole/hide??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

match55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
after light is out about an hour or two. I used my red light to check my tank, and couldn't find the firefish.

I know they like to jump, but I have a cover and a heavy light on top of the tank, also incase it swim to my overflow and jumped out that way, I also cover my overflow.
I checked around the around, nothing on the floor, checked the sump and refugium as well.

but this morning I turned on the light like 10mins, it suddenly swim out. XP

so my question is does firefish like to dig hole like gobies?? or like to hide in small holes in the rocks?

I have not heard of them buring themselves in the sand. I believe that they just hide out in the LR. They change color at night so you might not have noticed it hiding right in front of your eyes. Glad to hear that it's okay.

I have not heard of them buring themselves in the sand. I believe that they just hide out in the LR. They change color at night so you might not have noticed it hiding right in front of your eyes. Glad to hear that it's okay.

woo they change color? cool!!
will it do better in group?? I am thinking to get 1 or 2 more.
will it get alone with purple firefish?

I have a purple firefish. When the light is on he's out, but when the light is off he is a goner. I don't think they burry themselves, but they do find the most secretive spots to spend their time in the dark. I'm not too sure if you can keep two of them together, but i would like to konw since i want to get a regular firefish.

Yes they can be kept in Odd # groups. 1,3,5...

why odd number tho?? haha
so I can keep like 1 firefish and 2 purple fire? or 3 fire 3 purple?

Yep, Ive got a fire fish. He'll only come out about 30mins after the light comes on, And stays out most of the day, Then when they're out, Gone straight away, Cant even find him in the dark.

Sometimes mine will stay hidden for a day. Dunno why, But i guess they're hiders.

why odd number tho?? haha
so I can keep like 1 firefish and 2 purple fire? or 3 fire 3 purple?
3+3=6, I think that's an even # ;). They start off as the same sex so if you only had two they would fight to the death.

rolf (didn't take math for 3years....JKJK LOL)
I was thinking fire and purple count as different kind XD so~~
anyway haha
so they r like clowns~wooo so is the bigger firefish gonna be the female?

I'm not sure. I think it's the one that has the eggs. Hehe XD

Back
Top Bottom