fish compatible with lionfish or puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philc21

Aquarium Advice Activist
im looking into starting a sw tank and the 2 fish that i really would like to get are a lionfish and possibly a type of puffer that is not that aggressive n e one know wut type of puffer would be good or n e types of fish that would be compatible with the lionfish and or the puffer

not both, unfortunatly the puffer might kill the lion, as for lions any thing that wont fit in there mouth and nothing too aggressive, lions are mean they just eat things smaller then half there size, puffers and triggers, what size of tank is it?

You can keep a fuzzy dwarf lionfish with a sharpnose toby puffer (they are a dwarf puffer) I would recommend the valentini toby puffer. You could try the volitan with the valentini but I wouldn't advice you too, but supposably the valetini is toxic to fish if they are ingested so fish don't mess with them for this purpose, I don't really know if this is true, but IME nothing messed with my valentini and I keep it with an Undulated triggerfish.

Hope this helps

I would pick one and choose mates accordingly. If you get the Lion, there are matches, just as long as they are bigger than the lion and not fin-nippers (maybe a big angel, butterfly, or wrasse?). If you go with the puffer, just get something without large flowing fins and you would be ok. A trigger and a puffer would be pretty cool.

All this said, I mean with sufficient tank size of course (Like starting at 75 gal).

Good Luck!

:hat:

Back
Top Bottom