Flame angel in reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well , I hope i dont wind up regretting this but local lfs has 8 quarter size flame in from Hawaii as hopefully the last fish in my 75gal reef tank ill probably pick the best i can. Tank only has 2 false percs and 3 pj cardinals.just hope flame doesnt grow to eat everything??anyone ideas??

Mudzie said:
Well , I hope i dont wind up regretting this but local lfs has 8 quarter size flame in from Hawaii as hopefully the last fish in my 75gal reef tank ill probably pick the best i can. Tank only has 2 false percs and 3 pj cardinals.just hope flame doesnt grow to eat everything??anyone ideas??

It most likely will..sorry

I had to tear my whole reef down to catch mine that almost wrecked my reef. IME they are not reef safe. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

melosu58 said:
I had to tear my whole reef down to catch mine that almost wrecked my reef. IME they are not reef safe. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Didnt you say that yours usually nipped at each one, but only a little bit so it didnt harm them? I thought i rememered that haha :D

If it would eat just some gsp id never miss. It..

Really, does anyone know what kind of corals flame angels are prone to nip at if they do? Cause ive got a colony of duncans that i would hate to see messed with??

The one I had destroyed several corals. I just had to get it out before it got all of them. LPS and soft corals were attacked and this after 4 years of good behavior first. It might not be at first but it will eventually happen. Like I said you`ll have to get all the corals and rock out to catch him.

Back
Top Bottom