Got a new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fergieturk

Aquarium Advice Activist
My BF got me a new fish for my b-day - a lawnmover blennie - they're so cute! My concern is that the tank (165g) has 2 chromis in it and now the blennie. This weekend my clown and a yellowtail damsel are moving into the tank. The blennie was a surprise - that I won't see for 2 weeks (college student who is 2 hours away from home).
:?: Is this too much fish to add at once?
The tank has been running since the very being of March and is totally cycled - levels are at zero. It has 196# of LR and 100 or 120# of LS.

I think, in such a large tank, you will probably be OK. You may see a small ammonia/nitrite spike, but shouldn't be anything serious and should pass quickly. Unless I'm mistaken, your blennie will appreciate lots of vegetable matter in his diet. At any rate, I would test the water every day just to be safe.
Logan J

Okay, thanks, Logan. I just get really nervous; I didn't want to add too many too quickly.

Unless I'm mistaken, your blennie will appreciate lots of vegetable matter in his diet.

This won't be a problem I have several rabbits (of the terrestrial persuasion) that probably won't mind sharing a portion of their salad. What are some good veggies? I've read romaine and red-leaf lettuce (no iceberg), spinach, and broccoli. Are parsley and kale okay, too?

Kale is probably OK, but I don't know about the parsley. You might want to offer some nori or some of the seaweed/algae sheets that are available at the LFS.
Logan J

yeah nori works really well for the herbavores. but don't get it from the LFS go to a health food store you can get 12 huge sheets for like 5 bucks or you could go to your LFS and get 5 small sheets for like 4 bucks. your choice.

I can verfiy the nori from that health food store is great....

here is the description

Dried nori, not roasted. Natural color is a dark purple or deep green. Raw Lavar Nori sheets are paper thin, ideal for wrapping fresh fruits, vegetables. Seaweed's are high in trace minerals not found in land food. A difficult item for many to find raw.

Back
Top Bottom