Got an algae blenny!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey verone I have added my second fish to my tank.. an algae blenny! It was neat, after acclimating the bugger My domino kept getting near it and would just chill right by it.. or right on top of it! But now they seem to just chill. Hope he does something to the encroaching hair algae.. but even so he is really cute :p - My roomate asked to name him "giganto" so.. I now have a "Do-do", the domino damsel, and "Giganto" the algae blenny. Can't wait to get add a couple more fish... I think like two more or so. Pictures coming soon!

cool, they are great blennies....

hey just wondering, what is the breathing rate/gill movement rate of your blenny when it is at rest (slow, medium or pretty fast)

Just took a look at him after seeing your post and it seems pretty slow, occasionally to medium (maybe a bit frightened of seeing me) :wink:

Thanks.... mine flies around like a maniac eating the algae on the back wall and then parks really fast and sometimes breathes fast. So I was just curious.

My bi-color blenny does the same thing. It really gives me a scare from time to time. Then I look at the other fish in the tank and they are usually fine and I chill out.

My sebae clown breathes really fast while playing in his anemone sometimes. This also kinda frightens me from time to time.

Glass tube thermo says 84 and WON Pro II digital says 81.

2 Maxijet 1200's, HOB and remora for filtration and watermovement. Decent surface ripple.

Maybe the blenny does not like these warmer temps (lower oxygen carrying capabilities)?

Back
Top Bottom