green algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you say it is like material what does that mean. Is it hairy, slimy or does it have another consistancy? A better description might help us to give you a better idea.

If it is hair algae it will be long and thin like fine, straight hair. This type of algae is not harmful but many people do not desire it. It feeds off high nitrates, that could be harming your tank.

Slimy algae will lead us to think it might be cyanobacteria. This is harmful algae. If that is the case, we can go into more detail. I do not think this is the case though.

hello i live in Manila, Philippines :D well it looks like the hairy type you guys mentioned... do you know what causing this? and what should i do to remove them?

hey guys, i didn't notice this right away but in the back of my tank there's some slimy green algae and they are bright green, unlike the hairy one the looks like green moss :(

Try cutting back on your feedings if you are feeding alot. Do you have a clean up crew (snails, hermits, starfish)? These might help with the algae problems. I am not sure about the bright green algae... Someone else will jump in on that one though...

Back
Top Bottom