Green algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I have a question I am only about 10 months new to sw I been fighting a green algae problem for about 4 months now it is only on the sand bed any one no how to get rid of it thank you

Hello I have a question I am only about 10 months new to sw I been fighting a green algae problem for about 4 months now it is only on the sand bed any one no how to get rid of it thank you

Probably a phosphate issue. Do you know what yours are reading? It could also be low flow. How often do you feed and do water changes?

My numbers are all good I do water changes every other week I feed frozen once a week and a little flake food about every other day I have one 1300 gph power head maybe that's not enough for my 75g

Yeah I'd definitely add another powerhead you wan about 30 times per hour of your tank size. Run some phosphate remover in your filter too and keep up on water changes.

Ok thank you I will get another power head and I was thinking about getting a phosphate reactor maybe now is as good as time as any thank again

Back
Top Bottom