Hardy low-light coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 questions-

1. What corals can i get that are hardy and not very demanding? Note that they'll be with a lionfish and blue dot puffer. Live aquaria says they're reef compatible "with caution".

2. What lights over a 30 gallon would you recommend for these coral?

I don't have the tank yet. And i still won't have it till mid-May.

Kenya trees, leathers, pulsing Xenia. All real hardy and easy to care for. Zoas and Duncans as well, maybe a bit tougher to keep, but still pretty hardy. Don't know too much about those fish and if they'd eat those though.

As far as lights, t5s, halides, or leds. Your pick.

If your going low light a two bulb t5ho. If you go 4 bulb you will have more options. Reef breeders or taotronics LEDs about $180 you could keep anything with proper maint. And water changes.

Mushrooms are easy and I've read that they taste bad, so fish tend to leave them alone. :)

I have 2 questions-

1. What corals can i get that are hardy and not very demanding? Note that they'll be with a lionfish and blue dot puffer. Live aquaria says they're reef compatible "with caution".

2. What lights over a 30 gallon would you recommend for these coral?

I don't have the tank yet. And i still won't have it till mid-May.

You are aware that those fish you mentioned are way over the minimum tank size..

I'm not saying you shouldn't, but I would definitely plan on upgrading tank size soon, also I was looking into getting a Toby puffer but won't take the risk with my corals.. Reading online all I saw was stories of them nipping.. Mostly at lps and sps, not sure about soft

For the lionfish or the puffer...?

Both.....

It may be called a "dwarf" lion, but that's only because it's big brother (Volitan) gets so big. It still reaches a decent size in it's own right....
And the puffer just needs more swimming room.....

Both.....

It may be called a "dwarf" lion, but that's only because it's big brother (Volitan) gets so big. It still reaches a decent size in it's own right....
And the puffer just needs more swimming room.....

I can't find anywhere that suggests a bigger size then a 30 gallon for a dwarf fuzzy or antennata. I'm having trouble finding a lot of information on blue dots.
If not every other toby puffer live aquaria says 30 gallons...

I can't find anywhere that suggests a bigger size then a 30 gallon for a dwarf fuzzy or antennata. I'm having trouble finding a lot of information on blue dots.
If not every other toby puffer live aquaria says 30 gallons...

Both the dwarf and blue dot liveaquaria recommends 50

Live aquaria says 30 gallons for valentini puffer.

And everywhere else says 30 gallons for dwarf lionfish.

Ill see what's in the budget. If 30 gallons is it, I'm going to stick to the plan. If i think it needs a bigger tank ill either rehome or upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom