I am going to add the phosphate remover because it can't do anything but possibly help. There would be no harm to the tank even if I don't have phosphates in there. Also, because no one I know has the test, only the remover.
My lighting system is in the very first post and was brand new as of December 2005.
As for a photo, I do not have a digital camera so I pulled some off the internet. I am computer illiterate and hope that they appear. Mine looks more like the first photo, kind of a bluish/brownish/greenish color.
is hooked up and after a few kinks is running now and I did some more pruning yesterday. Whats left needs to be scrubbed off the rocks.