Hermit crabs for hair algea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
Local fish store recommended hermit snails to help remove hair algea. Fuge light has been out for 2 months and hair algea is progressing. Been through 3 jbj fuge lights and all quit within a week. Anyway, they recommended one per gall. I have a 110 gall reef.

I had hair algae outbreak before but after manually removing some from rocks and adding 10 hermit crabs and 10 turbo snails on my 60 DT they all cleared since.

way back when when I started my 37g I added 50 cause I was told I needed them
in a matter of a month 1/2 were dead now I have about 12 and thats more than enough
in my 40 B 15 scarlets is all I have as for snails they spend most of there time in the filter lol

Local fish store recommended hermit snails to help remove hair algea. Fuge light has been out for 2 months and hair algea is progressing. Been through 3 jbj fuge lights and all quit within a week. Anyway, they recommended one per gall. I have a 110 gall reef.

How can I maintain algae in my sump? So it will stay out of my display tank? My sump is only a 30 gallon tank with the outtake and sock nd protein slimmer return pump nd heaters no dividing glasses is it possible to maintain algae down there or will it grow all over the place?

How can I maintain algae in my sump? So it will stay out of my display tank? My sump is only a 30 gallon tank with the outtake and sock nd protein slimmer return pump nd heaters no dividing glasses is it possible to maintain algae down there or will it grow all over the place?
Use 5600K T5 light or LED for plants on fuge and operate at night with longer hours than DT.

Back
Top Bottom