Huge creepy brittle star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sooju

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a six year old tank back in September and it came with a huge creepy brittle star (arm span is over a foot, body is about 1.5") that I've only seen come out from under the rocks a handful of times. Usually you just see a few arms poking out looking for food. I suspect that's what he was doing last night when he inadvertantly rearranged my beautiful new ricordia rock. In short, I've been wanting him out of the tank.

Tonight I got my chance. I saw him moving out from under the rock when the main lights went off so I grabbed a piece of shrimp and lured him into the open, then grabbed him (with tongs, I'm too chicken to touch him!) and put him into the refugium with the lights off.

My question is where is the best place for this guy? In the fuge, the sump, or back at the LFS? I don't mind feeding him once or twice a week if he will be happy living outside the main tank but if that's not a quality life I'll bring him back to the store. Thoughts?

Does your refugium have any LR in it for him to take shelter in. He sounds pretty big for a 20 gallon fuge. I`d almost see if you could find someone with a 200 + gallon tank. Your LFS would probably find him a good home.

Back
Top Bottom