Huge naso tang in 38 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Title speaks for itself:(

Attachments

• image-3682920225.jpg
    image-3682920225.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 162
My lfs has one marked nfs because its a showpiece in a 50is gallon. Its huge, at least 15+".

He's about 15" too. He doesn't look big in the pic because he's facing the camera. He covers 3/8 of the tank..

He's about 15" too. He doesn't look big in the pic because he's facing the camera. He covers 3/8 of the tank..

Tangs especially one this size requires lots of swimming room ?
I thought putting a tang in a smaller tank will most likely stress them out ?

I can't really say much ,

I have a kole tang , and a orange shoulder tang in my 75 gal .
I had a blue hippo tang but he died .

I'm no tang police but a tang doesn't deserve to be in a 38 gallon, especially a naso

I'm no tang police but a tang doesn't deserve to be in a 38 gallon, especially a naso

I agree .
I have 2 tangs and I think my orange shoulder will outgrow my 75 gal .
Hopefully by then I will have a bigger setup ready to go .
Nothing in the plans yet and I just got rid of a 125 gal I had cause I didn't have room for it

Is this at a fish store?

Naso Tangs can get 18", so less than a 180 is really not doing them any good. I just got a 240g and am thinking about getting a Blonde Naso eventually. IMO, that is still pushing it for one that is fully grown.

Hopefully someone buys it soon. I hate seeing big fish die. Stinks that they lived so long, just to have someone come along and cram them into an unhealthy environment.

He looks healthy, no signs of diseases or anything. He's just crammed in the little box! Poor guy..

A friend of mine used to have a 15" sohal tang in a 220. It used to let you pet it. He lost it in a power outage or heater malfunction or something. I can't really remember, but I do remember thinking that fish needs to be out swimming somewhere....
I have a 300, which is 8', and I think my 5" vlamingi has already outgrown it. it takes him less than a second to dart across the tank only to turn around....

Certain tangs should be left in the ocean. Like clown tangs, naso, Achilles tang... They just get to large for aquariums even if the aquarium is 200-300 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom