I received my Zoo's today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally got them. Now I just need to get home acclimate them. I can't tell anything they are all closed up for now.

Rachel

I have 3.5 and I sure hope it's enought. I will be feeding plankton. I can't wait to see them open up. I'm read they are easy.

Rachel

Ok looks like some really pretty colors. I can't really tell yet. Some of them are trying to open up but I'll know more when they open up fully. Any suggestions on how to attach the rocks to my rocks? They came on small pieces of rocks. Do you have to take all the rocks out and dry them to superglue them? Thanks

Scat

No, you don't have to dry all of the rocks. I use a lot of the superglue gel by Lock-Tite, let it set a second, dip it in the water to form a skim, wait another couple seconds, then place it in the aquarium wherever I want it to glue to. Has worked for me for rock to rock. Coral I do outside the tank and I make sure the rock that I am attaching too is fairly dry.

Zoos require minimal lighting. Anything over 2 wpg should me fine.

You can superglue the rock to another or use some of the putty that most LFS sell. It works well with attaching rocks to rocks.

Super glue gel works best if the rock is dry though.

Ok sounds like good advise here. Thank you. I will call my LRS and see what he has. My sea urchin is plowing over the poor things.

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom