Iodine Levels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know what the appropriate iodine levels are for a reef with fish and live rock? I just got a test kit and am testing it now. TIA....

I believe anywhere from .05-.06 ppm is suitable. Marine salt mixes should automatically bring your iodine level to this though. Are you supplementing?

I did for a couple of weeks ago and that was like a month and a half ago. I stopped supplementing about two weeks ago when I realized that I should test for it before I dose. My readings are hard to tell, but it looks like it is at about .7 or .8. When is iodine hazardous?

not sure when it becomes a problem. lots of info says if you have pulsating zenia that you should keep your iodine levels high, especially when fragging, but i havent seen any evidence that it matters. i guess the zenia use iodine more than other corals.

i dosed my tank for about a 1 1/2 month and actually noticed a decline in health. not sure if it were due to the iodine or not. the level was at around .8.
sorry im not much help.

In reality no iodine test kit is accurate.. it is volatile.. minute it drops into your water.. poof it gets taken.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom