Is this a good RO unit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONESTOCK

Aquarium Advice Activist
Reverse Osmosis 6Stage PureWaterPlanet 100GPD
AHS6-100-E Series

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2374800278&category=20756

or this one with the pump?

AHS6-100PPE
6-Stage Reverse Osmosis (RO) System
with Aquatec Permeate Pump for up to 100 GPD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2373941909&category=20756

EDIT: I also found this one with DI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2373871553&category=46310

if niether of these than which one should I get....

also....
do I have to switch filters and stuff.....when?

Thanks,
Mike

The first filter has the following filter setup.

1st Stage 5 micron 10" high-capacity polypropylene sediment filter --removes dust, particles, and rust.

2nd Stage Carbon Block 5 micron 10" --removes chlorine, odor, organic contaminants, pesticides, and cysts.

3rd Stage FDA (Dow Chemical) 100 GPD TFC reverse osmosis membrane --reduces 93% to 98% of Total Dissolved Solids most chemicals, metals, bacteria, viruses and other contaminants.

4th Stage Preliminary Inline Filter - Reduces chemicals, chlorine, improves taste, odor and improved clarity.
5th Stage 10" KDF/GAC Pre-Filter Cartridge for increased purification
6th Stage Secondary Inline Filter - Additional filtration to remove sediments, improve taste and make water clearer at point of use

Multiple carbon filters and only as small ad 5 micron. I would suggest a 1 micron sediment filter before the RO membrane and realisticly any carbon blocks after the RO membrane is useless or ineffective since the water comming out of the RO membrane will be 99.9% pure.

FIlter two looks to be the same as filter 1 execpt it has a prefilter pump added to boost water pressure. Unless you know your home water pressure is low the pump is un needed.

The last one you linked appears to be false advertising becaues it says 100GPD in the title and in the text of the ad but the description of the membrane says different

3rd Stage 75 GPD TFC

I have been using a deluxe maxima hiS unit. I got it for around $300.00 and have made about 500 gallons with no change in cartriges. I also like it because you have a probe in the water that will turn on a red light when the carts are declining in efficincy.

Look very hard at the Aqua FX units before you buy anything. You can buy direct from them or there are two sponsors on the site who have them on their commercial sites. I think you'll see a big difference in quality. They also have an excellent customer support staff.

Plus the AquaFX units are made in the USA and are supported by the factory with a toll free number. They also have engineers on staff to help you with any problems!

I live in an apartment...and don't want to touch the plumbing....can I hook this up right to my faucet? Is there anyway?

Yes, you have a choice of four different adapters when you order an Aqua FX unit. You can get a kitchen sink adapter that will screw onto your sink faucet. It has a slide valve so you can leave it on there all the time. You can get a hose bib attachment. That would allow you to hook it up, using a Y fitting, to the cold water valve for your washing machine or to a utility sink. You can also get an inline adapter that will go under the sink. You'll have to take the cold water line going to the sink loose, add this to it, and put it back together. HTH.

Back
Top Bottom