Jordan's 55 Gallon Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like your ready for some fish!

Thanks! I'm so excited!! I can't stop smiling. Haha. I put 5 snails out of my nano tank over there. I have a lot of diatoms. I don't know if they will eat them. But I'm hoping they will.

Dwarf cerith and Florida cerith snails are good for that. Nerite snails are also good for that.

Dwarf cerith and Florida cerith snails are good for that. Nerite snails are also good for that.

Cool. Thanks. I don't have any of those. But my brother is going to split a cleaner pack with me for taking care of his aquarium for a while. Hopefully some will be included. I don't know if he's going hermits or snails.

My new additions. :)

img_2351317_0_2a9b779387f4851d07350e857c4fb80c.jpg

Try holding a pinch of flake food in you fingers just under the surface. They will eat it right out of your hand. Very active fish. I have 2.

Try holding a pinch of flake food in you fingers just under the surface. They will eat it right out of your hand. Very active fish. I have 2.

Ooh! Cool! I don't have flake food. Only frozen. But I'd like to have the option, so I'm going to try that. I love how out in the open they are even though they've only been in the tank a few hours.

I really like mine, they're very social. Every time anyone walks by the tank they think they're getting fed. Lol just like my cat when I walk in the kitchen.

I really like mine, they're very social. Every time anyone walks by the tank they think they're getting fed. Lol just like my cat when I walk in the kitchen.

Lol. I have 3 dogs, a boyfriend, and a bunch of Cory cats that are like that. :) haha. I'm trying to decide what to add in a few weeks.

Liveaquaria.com is a great reference cite. You have a 55gal so you could get a really colorful wrasse. I'm limited because I only have a 35gal and most need larger aquariums.

Liveaquaria.com is a great reference cite. You have a 55gal so you could get a really colorful wrasse. I'm limited because I only have a 35gal and most need larger aquariums.

Cool! Thanks!! I love that they have both reef safe and not reef safe categories. I'm thinking a 6 line wrasse or a flasher wrasse. They're gorgeous.

Me too! They're beautiful. My lfs just always has 6 lines. I'm thinking about maybe doing an online order.

If you want to build a good relationship with the lfs you could see if they would order you one. Might be a little more $ that way but you would be supporting a local business. It helps if you ever need support to be in good with the lfs. Sick fish, returns, special favored customer discounts. Lol
Not knocking on line purchases, most of the time you will save a few bucks that way.

^ Agreed. Lfs are awesome if you don't act like a know it all. I've been bringing in chaeto to my lfs and they always give me free water and never second guess me on perished fish.

If you want to build a good relationship with the lfs you could see if they would order you one. Might be a little more $ that way but you would be supporting a local business. It helps if you ever need support to be in good with the lfs. Sick fish, returns, special favored customer discounts. Lol
Not knocking on line purchases, most of the time you will save a few bucks that way.

^ Agreed. Lfs are awesome if you don't act like a know it all. I've been bringing in chaeto to my lfs and they always give me free water and never second guess me on perished fish.

I agree with all of that. :) I have a great lfs. They definitely know me. Lol. There is only one fish store that isn't a petsmart in my area. I may see if they can get them.

I HAD to share this picture. Lol. I couldn't stop laughing.

img_2353255_0_8a8dbc2075ef22bf3763d3a50ec385d2.jpg

I agree with all of that. :) I have a great lfs. They definitely know me. Lol. There is only one fish store that isn't a petsmart in my area. I may see if they can get them.

I HAD to share this picture. Lol. I couldn't stop laughing.

Rof that's too funny!

Lol. I thought so. I want y'alls opinion. I got an amazon gift card for my birthday. I've already asked for a protein skimmer from my family, so I'm looking into getting a powerhead/powerheads. Here is what I have found. The one with the 2 powerheads, the biggest complaint on the reviews is the suction cups suck. Someone said that they did DIY magnets. Just wondering if you thought that would be too difficult? Also, the 2 powerheads would have free shipping. I'm having a really hard time deciding.

The 800 gph wave maker my brother just ordered and he loves it. He hasn't had it a week yet, I don't think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004KN67U0/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1361643279&sr=8-7&pi=SL75

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002480V32/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1361643279&sr=8-5&pi=SL75

Back
Top Bottom