Killed hair algae now battling redslime help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to get a new ro/di unit and make your own water, do a few changes, increase your flow maybe, and try feeding less if you aren’t already. Buying a big bandaid isn’t the way to go.

no they say the same things because there are different causes to algae problems and there are many ways to fix it, just read and pay attention to things.

what size power heads and what size tank do you have? do you have alot of surface agitation?

in a saltwater aquarium adding a bubbler is never a good thing, you get alot of salt creep which will remove salt from the water. the best way to get air into the water is by aiming a power head at the surface and give the water alot of gas exchange.

I got massive flow don't worry bout that I'm running bio pearls could this be a problem

I'm feeding 3-4 times a week normally with copepods or live brineshrimp and my skimmer is nearly double my tank

Worse bit is I am winning the battle but god knows what I done ?

Its probably the water you are using. I was buying ro water from a lfs for awhile before i tested it and it was not good. I say get a ro/di unit and save yourself trouble and time. Then I would siphon as much out as you can then start changing water. Everything else sounds good in your tank.

I tested the last lot of water from ifs for the first time it had 84 ppm is that bad

lol theres your problem right there.... that is terrible. Mine was 25 and I was very unhappy

Hmm bloody shop I gonna test it my self next time in the shop

Back
Top Bottom