Lawnmower blenny/ algae blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will it be compatible with my tank. I have lots of Green hair algae for it to eat.

It is known to nip at small-polyped stony coral. I don't know if they really will eat the hair algae. It looks like it would be ok in your tank. I have never had one, so you will want more input from some one that has experience.

I`ve heard that they will eat the hair algea but sometimes it`s hard to get them to convert to another food afterwards. I`ve seen some bad results because of this. I have a black sailfin blenny and I made sure he would eat flake or brine before I got him.

I've had mine for 6 months, and he just nibbles at the stuff. He likes mostly the algae that grows on the glass. Don't expect him to make a big dent in your algae problem though.

Mine's never touched any algae that I can tell. He takes nips on the LR, I'm not sure what he's going after. He also prefers to lick the glass (you'll see little lip prints on the front and back glass).

Over 3 months, he's acclimated to eating about anything I feed the tank - flakes, pellets, algae wafers, etc. He's doubled in size and looks nice and FAT!

A very interesting fish to watch.

Back
Top Bottom