Lobsters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swjunkie

Aquarium Advice Freak
anyone keep lobsters? I am wanting to get my husband a reef only tank. because the creatyres he likes are not reef safe. I would like to get him a puffer and something else. looking at the spiny blue lobster at drs. foster and smith. would they be compatable? or the pink one?
TIA

I assume you mean to get him a fish only predator tank. I agree with FloridaFinFan, the lobster would be food to any puffer you put in there.

Wow puffers will eat them did not know that. would I be able to keep any other fish with a puffer? Or what would I be able to put in with the lobster in a predator only tank?

I am not sure what he is called but I am trying to find info. on a yellow puffer, Or looking at a panda puffer. I have not gotten this tank yet depends on what he decides he want to keep in it. And the puffer is not set in stone yet I just know that he likes them. He likes the odd fish and they usually are a species only fish so I am trying to narrow something down. He likes the idea of a predator tank though. I would like to be able to keep 2 or 3 fish in one tank so I am not spending all my money on one fish LOL. I need to get him hooked on his own sw tank so he will let me spend money on mine LOL.

If, by yellow puffer, you mean golden puffer, they run over $200. I believe the panda runs about $100 and need at least a 100G tank. I agree with the rest, puffers will eat just about any invert you put in there.

Also, if you go with the lobster, make sure the tank lid is secure ... if they're anything like a freshwater blue lobster, they'll climb out, i found out the hard way, dog was barking so I went to see what was happening and I found the lobster in the middle of the floor getting checked out by the dog (who got pinched on the nose) ... anyway i'm not sure if a salt water lobster would manage this though?!

Back
Top Bottom