Macro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
On a refugium would it be better to run a light that's for corals and stuff or would a plant light with a more red light be better for macros?

You would spend 60 bucks for a refugium lamp? A 5 dollar curly-q energy saver bulb will work fine. 3000-6500k.

No, but a local RC member has one over his sea horse tank and it grows macros like crazy api thought is throw it out there

Yeah....I'm sure it works well, but the blue LEDs are unnecessary for plants. You would be better served buying a LED lamp from home depot or lowes, for algae.

Ok..no need to respond in PM then. I would really want an overflow box over those holes. At least the 2 in the foreground. You see, if any one of those bulkheads leak, you will have to empty the entire tank to fix them. If they leak when you aren't home, you will come home to an empty tank. Can you find someone who works with acrylic, to make you a box you can cover them with? I suppose you can't do much with the lone hole, so you can use that for a return, or a closed loop, coming over the top with return.
this all depends on how much water you want going through the sump. If you don't need both holes in the foreground as drains, you can use one for drain, one for return, and the single hole as a closed loop.

I'm getting a glass weir put in as an overflow set up that way if it does leak all ill have to do is lower the water level so it no longer flows the guys at the LFS said that I could make it so it can be used to change water it just put a valve on it and keep it shut and run a return over the back

Back
Top Bottom