Magnum 350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not think so at all. I use an aquaclear 500 on my 20g reef and that is 500gph and the mag is 350gph.

It would not be overkill . I run a Mag 250 Pro on my 30 gal. My water quality is great and crystal clear. I also run a 150 gph on my daughters 10 gal. Again - not over kill just great water.

Ive got a magnum 350 pro on my 37 gallon. Works great, plenty of good flow. just dont use the Bio-wheels (I found that one out after I already bought them) They just increase the nitrates to much. I guess Bio-wheels are good for freshwater, bad for salt water.

Magnum 350 question.. again.

Hi again,
So I set up a magnum 350 in my nano reef. My question is.. for some reason it keeps producing bubbles into the tank. Has anyone else had this same problem? I filled the water all the way to the top, and even filled the tubes with water after I closed it. Am I doing something wrong, or did I not attach it correctly? Thanks in advance for the answer.

jhausinger

How far below the surface is your output nozzle? Mine is about 2 and 1/2 inches but any higher than that and I get bubbles from to much turbulance on the surface.

You may also have alot of air trapped in your canister. Turn it off, Make sure the canister is filled nearly to the top with water, Plug everything in, turn it on for 15 seconds, turn it off. Then tilt the canister to allow excess bubbles to escape up the hoses.

Repeat this process of turning on for 15 seconds and then turning off and tilting until very few bubbles are returning up the hoses. That Outa do ya!

Back
Top Bottom