Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Moving

My family decided they are moving into a new house and I need to think of a way to move my tank into the new house. We have until April. I really donít want to restart the tank but my parents think itís the only way. The tank isnít big, itís a 20 gal. The house is about a mile away from the house Iím in right now so itís not far at all. Is there any easy way to transport my tank without having to restart?

Old 03-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I moved by 55 reef halfway across the county in 5 gallon buckets without issue. With short distances you don't have to worry about aeration or heating.

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Iíve moved two larger tanks, only took about half a day to move both. Seeing Yourís is only 20G, that should be a cake walk.
I agree with Sniperhank, and buckets should be fine. If it was larger Iíd recommend Brute plastic trash cans. Just make sure your buckets donít sit in heated areas too long, and donít transport livestock in the same buckets as your rocks. Hate to see them get crushed. Itís easy.

Tags
moving

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com